BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Correct me if I'm wrong, but packs now confer Relentless, right? So I can have them jumping around the board firing heavy weapons with no penalty?

www.queencityguard.com

*nods head slowly*
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

Oh this is going to be fun.

As an aside, I'm going to run this allied force with a Valeria GK list. In case you dont know the GK book, Valeria is a Ordos Xenos Inquisitor that works with Xenos, so she's more or less a "renegade" inquistor. I think I have to take Torquemada too so I have enough Troops to actually field the side, so I'll probably make my own similarly renegade inquisitory (Torquemada is relatively Puritan) and use his rules. I was even thinking of using a Kroot Hound as his psyber eagle.

From there I dont know exactly how I'll build those henchmen units, but presumably they'll be in Chimeras. I dunno though.

www.queencityguard.com

I know Valeria, I gave her a Tesseract Labyrinth. (giggety!)

I'm not a fan at all of Bladesworn, they're just so expensive and lack any real punch. Anything they do could be done better by taking an Eldar unit for your Craftworld Outcasts choice.

Truthfully, the Corsair Prince isn't that great himself, but he's a better option than the Void Dreamer whose powers are just terrible (unless you assume he can swap for the new discplines, though the Psyker FAQ seems to imply he can't). If you're going to use a Prince though, I'm of the opinion he really needs a Jet Pack so he can move and shoot the orbital bombardment, it's about all he's good for other than offering some minor CC capability.

I'm also pretty disappointed with the Nightwing under the new flyer rules. It's holo fields have been made significantly less impressive and, it's Interceptor rule is now redundant and it gets nothing to make up for it. Compared to other flyers for comparable or cheaper prices, it just doesn't bring much. The Phoenix on the other hand, especially with the addition of Strafing Run, is an amazing infantry killer and with a Pulse Laser and 2 shuricannons, still a very serviceable air-to-air fighter.

I still think that the Nightwing is nasty, it's quite manouverable, very handy for downing flyers.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Archon Charybdis View Post
    I'm not a fan at all of Bladesworn, they're just so expensive and lack any real punch. Anything they do could be done better by taking an Eldar unit for your Craftworld Outcasts choice.

Truthfully, the Corsair Prince isn't that great himself, but he's a better option than the Void Dreamer whose powers are just terrible (unless you assume he can swap for the new discplines, though the Psyker FAQ seems to imply he can't). If you're going to use a Prince though, I'm of the opinion he really needs a Jet Pack so he can move and shoot the orbital bombardment, it's about all he's good for other than offering some minor CC capability.

I'm also pretty disappointed with the Nightwing under the new flyer rules. It's holo fields have been made significantly less impressive and, it's Interceptor rule is now redundant and it gets nothing to make up for it. Compared to other flyers for comparable or cheaper prices, it just doesn't bring much. The Phoenix on the other hand, especially with the addition of Strafing Run, is an amazing infantry killer and with a Pulse Laser and 2 shuricannons, still a very serviceable air-to-air fighter.
    I didn't know the Eldar had an orbital bombardment that didn't require you to sit still ('cause relentless doesn't cancel out the human one) or are you referring to their ability to move in the assault phase?

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    I didn't know the Eldar had an orbital bombardment that didn't require you to sit still ('cause relentless doesn't cancel out the human one) or are you referring to their ability to move in the assault phase?
    Eldar don't, Corsairs do. The Prince has a few options for a once per game orbital bombardment that he fires as an ordnance barrage using the normal shooting rules.

Brother-Captain

Sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    Sweet.
    It's not a bad feature, the problem is it's comes on a model with Autarch statline with basically no good wargear options, a worse armor save and no invuln save, no reserves bonus, and inexplicably costs 30pts more.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast