BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Librarian

You know...that one warhammer player who is a little overweight...he's got facial hair...wears eyeglasses...he is a little bit nerdy...that one guy?

Bonegrinder Giant.

It can thunderstomp *anything* and after he booted Vlad Von Carstein out the Castle gate in a siege game, I've been in love!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Skeith154 View Post
    nahh i bet a star dragon would more then hold his own more so with a little dude on top.
    Try it sometime--it doesn't even come close. Course, it depends a little on the gear. If the Bloodthirster has the flaming sword and the rider has that armor that gives him a 2++ against flaming attacks, that flips things around, but, otherwise...

Try it with the Bloodthirster taking eternal rage (or whatever it's called) and awesome strength.

Interestingly, neither does Karl Franz on the Griffon--Bloodthirster kills Karl before he swings, tanks the griffon for a turn without much of a problem, then kills the griffon easily.
    Last edited by Bean; 07-21-2012 at 04:48 PM.

Veteran-Sergeant

Due to my overwhelming faith in my dragons i deny that your blood thirster wins hands down in every battle against a mighty star dragon + rider. however i lack the daemons book so i can't run tests myself, and i don't know which items/abilities a bloodthrister comes with. but even so no high elf goes into battle against daemons without some magical might, i'd say a little regeneration would tip the dragons scales(pun intended) in his favor.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    Interestingly, neither does Karl Franz on the Griffon--Bloodthirster kills Karl before he swings, tanks the griffon for a turn without much of a problem, then kills the griffon easily.
    Quite probably, but not necessarily. Rocking a 4++ gives him a good chance of staying the fight and if he gets to hit he will do some serious damage. Though TBH, why any Empire general would try to fight a Bloodthirster rather than putting a few cannonballs in its face is beyond me.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Veteran-Sergeant

exactly cannon balls are the traditional way to slaughter monster for the empire and dwarves.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Quite probably, but not necessarily. Rocking a 4++ gives him a good chance of staying the fight and if he gets to hit he will do some serious damage. Though TBH, why any Empire general would try to fight a Bloodthirster rather than putting a few cannonballs in its face is beyond me.
    Ah, yeah, true. That takes it down to about 52%.

Apparently he also has a 1+, so if you don't have awesome strength it's probably a little lower.

Alright, I concede that Franz is a monster. Bloodthirster is still a match for him, though, at least.

Still pretty sure he's gonna beat an elf dragon, though--even with regenerate. (it's sort of ironic, actually, since he has an upgrade that lets him ignore regenerate, but the elves have a different upgrade that lets them pretty much ignore the bloodthirster if he has that upgrade. It's kind of a tossup.)

Veteran-Sergeant

well i still have my doubts. frankly the star dragon is one of the strongest monsters avaible and has a elf lord decked out in magic items on top of him i highly doubt that the single bloodthrister is gonna over power both of them, but like i said i do not have the daemons book so i cannot test it for my self regardless.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    Ah, yeah, true. That takes it down to about 52%.

Apparently he also has a 1+, so if you don't have awesome strength it's probably a little lower.

Alright, I concede that Franz is a monster. Bloodthirster is still a match for him, though, at least.

Still pretty sure he's gonna beat an elf dragon, though--even with regenerate. (it's sort of ironic, actually, since he has an upgrade that lets him ignore regenerate, but the elves have a different upgrade that lets them pretty much ignore the bloodthirster if he has that upgrade. It's kind of a tossup.)
    It's only 3+ sadly (full plate armour and mounted), but yeah, he is a monster. Bloodthirster probably edges it slightly, but it's close. I think Bloodthirster would comfortably take down a Dragon, though I'd expect him to lose a few wounds in the process.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Veteran-Sergeant

eh so much for the star dragon being able to take on greater daemons and prevailing..... well if thats the case i'll just throw two damn dragons at him. being an elf we have dragon vending machines so it's okay!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast