BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Battle-Brother

Default Marker light and flyers

If a flyer gets marked by marker lights can you bump up the BS for the army?

If a flyer gets marked by marker lights can you bump up the BS for the army?
    Yes and no.

Yes, you can improve the BS.
    No, not for the army. Just for one unit one point per marker up to BS 5.

Brother-Sergeant

I don't think it would help for things without Skystrike. Markerlights add to your BS, but Snapfire sets it to 1. In the beginning of the BRB (the section about Multiple Modifiers). You first double/half, then Add/Subtract, then Set Values.

So in this instance, you would be increasing the units ballistic skill to 5, and then it gets knocked back down to 1, no matter how many markerlights you spend.

edit: it wouldn't hurt to reduce the Jink 5+ cover just in case you hit though.

Brother-Captain

Using markerlights to increase BS isn't helpful. Basically what happens is this: You declare your squad is shooting at the flyer and they are reduced to BS1. Then you fire any networked markerlights. Then you are reduced to BS1 again. Then you fire the rest of your shots.

Chapter-Master

Correct. Markerlights can't help your BS vs flyers.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

It´s clear they don´t work as of now but it woud really make sense if you´d have to hit your Markerlights on bs1 BUT it some of them hit, you got the bonus. That´s what they´re for after all, lazing things...

Chapter-Master

The rulebook is QUITE CLEAR. First you multiply, then you add, then you erase everything you did with a Set bonus.

However, what you can do is fire a Seeker Missile. The FAQ states that they will fire at BS5 (a set bonus).

For example:
    Furious Charge With a Relic Blade. Str 4+1, then Set Bonus of 6 =6
    Grey Knight Halberd and Lash Whips: I4+2, then set bonus of 1 =1
    Powerfist + Furious Charge on a Space Marine: 4x2+1 = 9.
    Last edited by Tynskel; 07-17-2012 at 05:34 PM.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "