BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default New rule - Conversions are illegal

A new gem from Warseer:
    the rules of 40K say it is a game played with Citadel models, and there are no rules that allow you to modify those models in any way.

So no, you are not allowed to pick and choose what weapons they have. You are supposed to look at the models to see what they have, not change the models so they have what you want them to have.
    It came up in the context of power weapon choices, this person who shall remain nameless went on to argue that you could only assemble your models the way GW directed and that conversions are illegal as there is no rule allowing you to change a Citadel miniature.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant

... (looks at all my converted models) urk.... Nothing to see here, move along....

Chaplain

Wtf? So this guy was saying that if your model had an option for power sword or power axe, you HAVE to use the one given by the model, even though the model only gives you one option and the rules give you two?

Chapter-Master

EG this is why you shouldn't read that crap...
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Chapter-Master

this is for if a marine has a power weapon that is sword shaped...... its a power sword(derp). if your guy is carrying a lasgun its a LASGUN. not a storm bolter and a nemesis halbard stuck together.

if your marines all have maxmini heads thats fine its not changing wargear
    if all your marines are using custom rifles from pig iron, but all identical rifles are bolters thats fine
    if you marines are all using the same rifles but some are bolters and some are plasma guns... THATS NOT FINE.
    if your marine has a big power weapon in your army list and its a power sword , next game it is STILL A POWER SWORD.

i think thats it. not the shock horror story of "oh mah gawd i spend $3000 on a custom marine army and each one has a IG head and its now illeagal aaaah i hate gw theis is dakka front page"
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

So you aren't allowed to field the Doom of Malantai, the Parasite of Mortrex or a Harpy because they have no models.

As far as I'm concerned, that's a rule for conversions, not against conversions.

Librarian

So GW doesn't want you to field a fluffy Ork army, unless it's GW models only?

I think Eldergal's point is that someone is being stupid on Warseer, not that this is an actual rule that anyone has to follow.
    Looking for a game in the San Antonio area? You can find me here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/175757472448931/

Adeptus Custodes

Cant modify them in any war? Such as by applying glue or paint or filing off any flash?

I very much doubt this is real
    More Necromunda please.

I would doubt this is true. GW has always encouraged gamers to be creative even to tolerate certain parts being non GW as long as it respected the model. I would find this a harsh rule for a company trying to keep it's #1 place (I think) in the model gaming world with growing games like warmachine/hordes and flames of war and what not.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast