BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Bwahahahaha!
    This is great, so someone says conversions are illegal, and you believe them?
    I'll bite, and Snap Fire back with my vibrate or cannon!
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Librarian

Wow. What an idiot. Did he even notice the massive section in the new book about converting models?! It's several pages long!

If that true (which it obviously isn't) that means I literally couldn't use a single model in my army apart from my old 1st edition Techpriest and Servitors. An uber, take-all-comers strikeforce there.

Brother-Captain

This makes me really glad I havn't bought teh 6th ed book. Otherwise, I'd have to sell my entire army... Wow, dodged a bullet there.

Any one up for 3rd ed?

Veteran-Sergeant

just the other day some dude tried to tell my brother that he couldnt use his khorne berzerkers as regular CSM, and said that if he did he could only shoot with pistols and not bolters.... people like this ruin all the fun....

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarcissist View Post
    just the other day some dude tried to tell my brother that he couldnt use his khorne berzerkers as regular CSM, and said that if he did he could only shoot with pistols and not bolters.... people like this ruin all the fun....
    Really? Are they that dense? Do what any proper Khorne follower would do and kick their ***. Well it'd be far worse if it were a proper khornite but that would land you in jail.

And you people saying EG thinks this "rule" is true really don't understand the purpose of the post right? It was to point out a fool, not because she agrees with him.

This:

Quote Originally Posted by Black Hydra View Post
    And you people saying EG thinks this "rule" is true really don't understand the purpose of the post right? It was to point out a fool, not because she agrees with him.
    I said it was a gem from Warseer, not the rulebook, and said the person who posted it shall remain nameless and used a rolling eyes smiley. What more do I need to do to indicate I think someone is a drooling simpleton spouting bollocks?

It isn't a real rule, it is some idiot on Warseer being extremely stupid and literal. I'm sorry I didn't make that more clear (didn't think I needed to, but even so). It isn't often that I come accross something so outrageously idiotic that I have to share it here, even on Warseer.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I hope that this isn't the case. I think it just means for things like Howling Banshees and others that have a certain type of Power Weapon on the model.

If it means all conversions then W40k is no better than Warmahordes...
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Yep, the issue came about because under the new rules there are several kinds of power weapon and to determine what your unit has you need to look at the model. Which means people can convert to have a certain type. I do not see any problem with it, each choice as advantages and disadvantages. Hurray, my hekatrices and succubi can strike at S4 AP2! But they sacrifice there exremely high Initiative to do it. So the problem is?

This person* is just taking an extremely absurd and literal stance on why it isn't allowed. Like most such over-literal interpretation it raises more problems than it solves. How do you judge what weapon a unit comes with it comes with a variety? What do you do in the case of teh official succubus model which has a whip? If I buy her a power weapon, what kind of weapon does a whop translate to? What about older Citadel models? I have over thirty Howling Banshees with power axes that are not converted. etc.

*By which I mean cretinous, literal minded drooling simpleton with the rational capacity of a black pudding.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Gods damn it, now I want Black Pudding...

I don't see a problem with it either, personally, if you can rationalise it with background it's kosher with me.
    (I'm not a competitive, fun-draining, arsehole)
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    A new gem from Warseer:

It came up in the context of power weapon choices, this person who shall remain nameless went on to argue that you could only assemble your models the way GW directed and that conversions are illegal as there is no rule allowing you to change a Citadel miniature.
    Thanks Eldargal. That's made my morning. Now I can go to work and ponder how many models I couldn't use against this person. Including my Wolf lord. Better rip the jump pack off my 3rd company Captain too.
    Rogue Trader since 1991.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast