BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Librarian

There are several other threads with this same question.
    But as others have said it, Unwieldy doesn't modify your actually Initiative. It just means you strike with that weapon at Initiative Step 1.

Chaplain

If it doesn't modify the models initiative, does the Banshee pile in at I5 (or I10 if first round of combat) and then strike at I1?

Chapter-Master

Unwieldly is a Set Bonus used during close combat. At the time the Initiative step is called upon, the model's initiative is currently 1, not anything else.

Banshee Masks are a Set bonus of 10. They are Initiative 10 during Close Combat, and would make their 'pile in' moves at I10.

If you give some Banshees Axes, then you would roll a 4+ for Initiative 10, otherwise Initiative 1.
    Banshees with Axes are Wicked. 50% of the squad striking piling it at I10 with Str 4 AP2 and a bajillion attacks. That's a solid chance of cutting down a terminator squad before they can do anything.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

And then in the new codex next year Banshees will have power swords and you'll have to change them all back.

Quote Originally Posted by Captainparty View Post
    And then in the new codex next year Banshees will have power swords and you'll have to change them all back.
    Read my mind man.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Actually given that several 6th ed FAQs have changed references to 'power sword' to 'power weapon' GW seem to be going towards letting players choose what type of power weapon they want.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Captainparty View Post
    Some of the older banshee models are cast with axes not swords
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Yeah, but it just seems so..... cheap? I like swords, they look cool, swapping them for Power Axes just seems a bit "power gamer-y" to me. Maybe just the Exarch?

Axes, even though the old models used to have them, I don't think that they're fitting for Banshees.

However, I do like the idea of Banshees with Power Spears.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Actually given that several 6th ed FAQs have changed references to 'power sword' to 'power weapon' GW seem to be going towards letting players choose what type of power weapon they want.
    Only because in those instances, power sword was incorrect, I am very sure we'll see in the next few weeks that codexes will be using specific names for power weapons for specific units. I don't think we'll be seeing Chaos Terminators with Power Lances...

What was incorrect about the SoB having access to power swords?
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast