BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Duck View Post
    Now didn't the rumor mill say something along the lines of GW wasn't doing the 'wave' thing with releases, but blowing the load in one shot?
    I'm so happy about that. It used to always take forever for me to be satisfied. Now I'll finally get what I want and I won't have to suffer through all that stop and go.
    Last edited by CrimsonTurkey; 07-19-2012 at 02:03 PM.

It stands to reason that GW playtested 6th edition using working versions of what they intended future Codexes to be, and those stand to be the ones most in need of an update. It is also possible that these books could have been released earlier, but GW didn't want to release them and then immediately have to FAQ them significantly. Why release a 5th Edition codex when you could wait 6 months and release it as a 6th?

So if we assume that most of the ranges were ready to go, then all they needed to do would be to do the language translations and print the books. If they had sent the books out earlier, it might have tipped off the world on 6th rules changes.

I guess we'll see what happens over the course of the next 6 months, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a more aggressively release schedule immediately after the 6th release. It should be expected.

Chapter-Master

Call Mulder and Scully... I want to believe!

Something just stirkes me as off though. I don't think it is the potentially dodgy translations.

What exactly doe floating around warehouses mean? I wouldn't be entirely surprised that Kirby's source may have seen the pre-production boxes, especially as in most warehouses, stored stock is kept in sealed carboard boxes to stop getting sun damaged/bleached at all. Assuming Kirby's source is first hand. If it's second or third, it would surprise me at all that someone had seen the boxes, told his contact he said to his mate that his friend had seen the boxes who would then (possibly not knowing GWs production/preproduction cycle) might well assume that finished boxes have been seen waiting in warehouses.

Then again I do believe Kirby has been fairly accurate in the past on a lot (not all) modelling rumours? Don't suppose someone fancies going back through the last couple of years worth of posts and checking that? I certainly don't lol.

Might just be me again, but that looks like quite a big list. Ok, spread it over the month into two smaller releases or set up over a couple fo waves... but that still sounds like quite a bit for a well established army. Buuuutttt the Eldar are one of the armies with the lowest amount one plastic in their range (apart from SOBs obviously) so that may make sense. Again, anyone fancy checking against other fantasy/40k army releases since the introduction of the CAD design and manufacturing process... I'd say the last 5 years?

On the positive, supportive note for these rumours, I'd actually believe GW starting up production this early out for mass storage. The cost of setting up this kind of production run is MASSIVE, even with global manufacturing facilities the likes of GW have. We have all bemoaned the shortages of certain items at launch, and in the past I have certainly noticed certain stock having deminished levels regularly in the months prior to big releases. I can only imagine that being due to manufacturing being turfed over to new lines temporarilly to meet the expected demand. Building up the back stock slowly for the prior 12 months prior to the main release should kill both birds with the single bolter round. Or shuriken disc in this case!

Also, if it is making EG squirm so, it can only be good news for GW as there is a half chance she might buy up their entire stock of some of those models, just to roll around the sprues naked on. Or is it only me that does that?

Also, I doubt the Phantomwaechter woulf be Shadow Spectres. GW doesn't want to do plastics of FWs products any more, havent for a while.
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Veteran-Sergeant

Ok, as an Eldar player this possible news pleases the Granny out of me. As frankly I eased off fielding them so much as Orks kinda usurped them as my favourite army. A new codex would be MOST welcome indeed. Models too, but my Craft World is seriously overflowing with Eldar at the moment.

6th edition seems intent on crippling me financially, Chaos Marines, yep gotta be getting that little lot as soon as it releases, I love my Chaos army as it is and a refresh would be more than welcome.

The release of the Ork flyers, blew a whole in my wallet...

The idea of allies got me all of a quiver with a plan to bolster my Sisters with a small force of Dark Angels. Simple choice really, they all wear dresses together....

That just leaves me to advertise the following: Caterham 7 for sale.... Any and all offers considered , quick sale required ideally for September and the next wave of 40k goodness.....

... ok, with every other month being a fantasy or "other items" release, August= main box, Sept= f/oi, October = Dark Angels, November = f/oi, December = ELDAR?? could happen....

As for the items alleged in the post, here's a guess on chance of reality, based on what GW has been doing:

- New jet bikes to match Dark Eldar - 99%
    - New multi-flyer, because skimmers are just not good enough anymore- 99% (going with some of the old BF:G fighter/bomber stuff?)
    - Sky charriots/Shining Spears - 75% - if bikes are changing, you have to change the Spears... and honestly, they could really use somthing more and better. Making them a stand-apart group with an alternate build would make the kit worth it.
    - Lord Niadhau - 75% - bringing out a new codex with out new characters is a big no-no, and doing a jump to Phoenix Lord (or even just as the same old wildrider lord) with this gent would rock.
    - Warp spiders/Everguard- 75% - Warpspiders are pretty much the oldest sculpt in the Eldar army, and their fluff has always been weak (not even a pheonix lord!). Bringing them into the new would make sense, and since allmost all plastic kits have alternate builds available now, of course there's going to be something new attatched to make them exciting.
    -Xentarchs - 50% - We have Exarchs, and we have Autarchs... ten to one this is either a odly renamed Phoenix Lord resculpt (and, man what I wouldn't give for that) or something like "Aspect Captains" to the exarch's Lt. or Sgt.
    -Raiders/Cazadores - 50% - Gaurdians are boring and inflexible in usage. They have little to no options, and face it, we use them mostly because we feel guilty for not doing so. So, looking to the Dark Eldar, I am hoping for something new and exciting in the troops area.
    - Webway Gate - 25% - likely as not, this is going to be the reappearance of the swirly colorful dome that keeps selling out whenever a new Eldar/Dark Eldar codex comes out.

Oh, and I am not putting any numbers on plastic Wraithguard. The chance that they would be re-worked into a new, flexible, dynamic unit is just too much for my poor little fanboy soul.

Here's hoping!
    Last edited by Blackhat; 07-19-2012 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhat View Post
    ... ok, with every other month being a fantasy or "other items" release, August= main box, Sept= f/oi, October = Dark Angels, November = f/oi, December = ELDAR?? could happen....
    ...forgot Chaos... how could I forget Chaos... OK, so add another 2 months, and maybe bump a little to call the main box an alternate month... and that gets you...

- August: main box (& hopefully more flyers - Tau, Dark Eldar, and maybe Nids?)
    - September: Chaos Codex strikes. (Chaos w/wings models anyone?)
    - October: probably more chaos, maybe some other chaos, and possibly a few other chaos related things. Or maybe Fantasy...
    - November: Dark Angels Codex drops. DA will be the big Holidays marines release, along with maybe a few straggler Chaos.
    - December: Nothing like yet another cool bit of terrain for Christmas... perhaps some Xenos builds? Or maybe Fantasy...
    - January: probably a catch-up month, some misc finecast remakes... etc. January is always slow - everyone's either returning stuff to get what they really want, or buying what they didn't get in December, and the stores are all looking at their receipts and deciding which way to jump in the new year.
    - February: dare we say... ELDAR??? This would put them at right about 6 months for start of build up, right?? Phoenix Lord valentines, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Iyandagar View Post
    That just leaves me to advertise the following: Caterham 7 for sale.... Any and all offers considered , quick sale required ideally for September and the next wave of 40k goodness.....
    Not worth it.

For those planning the next 6months out, dont for get about fantasy and that good ol' movie known as the hobbit which will get some holiday overselling by GW. We'll see what comes down the pipes....

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by SotonShades View Post

just to roll around the sprues naked on. Or is it only me that does that?

I did it once, but only once, tyranids are far too spikey for that....

Seriously though was there a super heavy listed?
    Have Eldar got a plastic super heavy yet?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Not even slightly.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast