BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Arc of Fire Question

Using the front non-turret weapon on a Chimera as an example, if the, let's say ML, can only see 2 out of 10 models in a unit due to it's limited 45 degree arc of fire (the other 8 are off to the side, out of the arc of fire), then do wounds to that unit apply the same as unit to unit shooting? You can only wound the models in your arc of fire? In this case, even if the ML gets 3 wounds, you can only kill the 2 in the arc of fire at a maximum?
    Even the Emperor and Horus have rolled 1's.

I would have to agree. Since the remaining troops are not in the arc of fire, for me it means it's not in LOS either. On the other hand, in friendly games, that type of weapon (hull mounted/non-turret) is not something you precisely measure to the point of actually splitting a unit so precisely unless it's obvious.

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Crotch Lictor View Post
    Using the front non-turret weapon on a Chimera as an example, if the, let's say ML, can only see 2 out of 10 models in a unit owing to its limited 45 degree arc of fire (the other 8 are off to the side, out of the arc of fire), then do wounds to that unit apply the same as unit to unit shooting? You can only wound the models in your arc of fire? In this case, even if the ML gets 3 wounds, you can only kill the 2 in the arc of fire at a maximum?
    This is why we must always remember to pivot
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Brother-Sergeant

I was thinking more of an Immobilized unit. One of my regular opponents plays IG, so I'm usually on the receiving end of fire. So I try to distract him so he forgets to Pivot.

I do like the new rule. I was getting tired of losing a bunch of models in a squad when he could only really see 1. I once lost half a Gargoyle squad that was behind a wall due to the fact that he could see one in a window.
    Even the Emperor and Horus have rolled 1's.