BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bent Assault armies: Fixed!
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

To Wildeybeast: If my opponent is going to take advantage of the rules and put his first counter in a deployment zone, i'm not going to put mine in the middle of the board. I mean, I'm not stupid here.

How exactly am I using run incorrectly? fleet no longer allows you to run and assault. I didn't do that. So what did I do wrong? I moved 12 inches, then rolled to run in the first two turns, then had to hunt and peck so that I stayed in cover and couldn't run because I would have left my units out in the open to get destroyed by shooting. Where am I going wrong?

Fleet instead allows you to reroll failed charge distances instead of move, run and assault. Do the math. This isn't an upgrade people...

I don't see the problems you listed being addressed, wound allocation is still abusable, parking lot lists are still, well, parking lot lists and if you roll up the short table edge deployment, it takes that much longer to get there...

I don't see how these complaints are baseless.
    Last edited by will44; 07-20-2012 at 10:07 AM.

Brother-Captain

RE Fleet: Fleet lets you reroll the dice when you're Running as well, not just for assaults.

RE Short Edge Deployment: 1/3 of your games are going to use this deployment, so plan for it. If your friends know you run lots of Thunderwolves, they're going to deploy as far back as possible to delay your assault. Instead of blasting 6th Ed. as dull because of this, try changing your army to adapt. Add some deep striking or outflanking units. Run some Wolf Scouts, Grey Hunters or Dreadnoughts in drop pods, etc.

RE Objective Placement: You've said that you'd be stupid to not put one of your objectives deep in your own deployment zone. However, since you're running an assaulty army, the LAST thing you want to do is put an objective deep your deployment zone. Your whole army seems to be constructed around rushing forward, so put your objectives forward of your lines. Since you're headed that way anyway, it should make holding them easier.

Adapt. Get creative. Stop whining.
    There is one direction: FORWARD!

Quote Originally Posted by will44 View Post
    To Wildeybeast: If my opponent is going to take advantage of the rules and put his first counter in a deployment zone, i'm not going to put mine in the middle of the board. I mean, I'm not stupid here.

How exactly am I using run incorrectly? fleet no longer allows you to run and assault. I didn't do that. So what did I do wrong? I moved 12 inches, then rolled to run in the first two turns, then had to hunt and peck so that I stayed in cover and couldn't run because I would have left my units out in the open to get destroyed by shooting. Where am I going wrong?

Fleet instead allows you to reroll failed charge distances instead of move, run and assault. Do the math. This isn't an upgrade people...

I don't see the problems you listed being addressed, wound allocation is still abusable, parking lot lists are still, well, parking lot lists and if you roll up the short table edge deployment, it takes that much longer to get there...

I don't see how these complaints are baseless.
    So you had to apply tactics. And that's now a bad thing? Moving from cover to cover because you otherwise risk losing your knee caps is a good thing. How much terrain were you using ? Did you do the D3 per 2' square like the rule state? You can't blame the rules for a lack of terrain in *your* collection.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Firstly you aren't thinking tactically. Putting objectives in the open forces your enemy to move as much as you do, making it not stupid but good for breaking up the enemies plan... Rather than him going, "well I am gunna sit here because those objectives aren't in my reach", it's a mind game... Sort of.

Also, the fleet rules are a million times better, because you can more reliably move 18 inches with infantry then ever before, because you can re-roll... Granted the 6 inches isn't guaranteed, but the fact you can keep a high score and re-roll the low is super beneficial!

Also Wound allocation will always be abusable... But no where near as bad as 5th, as it's far more easy to make mistakes that leave you at risk. Also Parking lots... Suck balls, considering that glancing will strip anything down, making Rhinos real easy meat for things like your big wolves
    [I][I] =][= "Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse” =][=

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    So you had to apply tactics. And that's now a bad thing? Moving from cover to cover because you otherwise risk losing your knee caps is a good thing. How much terrain were you using ? Did you do the D3 per 2' square like the rule state? You can't blame the rules for a lack of terrain in *your* collection.
    Did I say anything about terrain? Eldargal accussed me of using run incorrectly. I illustrated how I used run.

here is the math for those of you who don't get how Fleet got nerfed

Used to be Fleet was : 6' + d6' + 6' = 15.5' on avg with 13' guaranteed (assuming normal charges not through cover).
    vs
    Non-fleet normal : 6' + 6' = 12' guaranteed.

now it's

6' + 2d6' (with reroll) = 14.722' on avg with only 8' guaranteed.
    vs
    Non-fleet normal: 6' + 2d6' = 13' avg 8' guaranteed.

you see how 14.7 and 8 are less than 15.5 and 13, right????

Fleet changing has very little effect on how quickly you get into combat. Also, if there was no action until turn 4 how did you run out of time to finish the game?

It sounds like you set yourself up to have a "meh" game just so you could come here and put up a mopey post.

right, because I got up yesterday and said "hey, I know, let me ask my friend if he wants to play a game of 40K, then make sure it's a sucky one so I can ***** on the internet about it."

And how exactly does moving less NOT effect how quickly you get into base to base contact with an enemy model? If I used to be able to go 13 inches, and now I only go 8, doesn't that mean I get into base to base one round later? Seriously, do you even think before you type?

A) this isn't my first 6th edition game, and not my first boring one.

B) sometimes things like traffic and spouses saying "are you done playing in the living room yet?" can cause a game to start late and have to end early.

not a single person has presented a coherent sentence, let alone argument, about how 6th has improved the game and made it exciting. Phrases like: "Parking Lots: Fixed" make for nice campaign slogans if you want to get elected to a city council position, but do nothing to explain how the game has improved.

And bashing me and my views certainly doesn't lay out an argument for what makes 6th exciting.

To think, I was telling people to post here recently cause it seemed like a cool place to discuss the game...
    Last edited by will44; 07-20-2012 at 12:48 PM.

Veteran-Sergeant

So far I have played 6games using 6th edition rules. My overall feeling so far is that it is a nice change up. Lots of little tweaks that have changed the dynamic of the game. So far I have only run my Orks and every game has been a blast. Little things like my Lootas being able to move and fire, saves them from being a static unit that invariably gets drop podded and knocked into next week.

My Dakkajet and Blitza Bomma tearing across the battlefield with Ride of the Valkyries playing, and not getting immediately gunned down is brilliant. I never field a KILL ALL list, as I tend to like arduous models/units and just run them for the sake of it.

I guess you are entitled to your opinion Will44, hopefully you will encounter a couple of fun games soon as I genuinely have little or no gripes about this iteration of the game.

Veteran-Sergeant

Arduous should read various, pesky sausage fingers...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast