BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Blast Template - Mixed Unit

We were a bit confused about the new would allocation rules with blast markers placed over a mixed unit.

The example in my last game was Canus with two wolf followers attached to a unit of thunderwolf cavalry. My impresison of the rules was that after wounds were allocated I had to take the saves on the closest model. My opponent said I had to take the saves on the units actually hit by the template. After realizing he wasn't going to give up, I took them on the fenrisian wolves. However, I still believe I should have taken the saves on the closest model.

Who's correct???

Chapter-Master

read the rulebook.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Occuli Imperator

I am just wondering how the models under the blast marker aren't the ones closest to it...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

I believe that you are correct. The template just gives you how many are hit. The wound allocation is still done the same way as normal shooting.

Chapter-Master

Your friend was wrong.

Blast weapons work just like any other gun. You use the blast marker to determine how many hits you get, and then remove casualties as normal.

Barrage weapons are slightly different. Instead of removing the closest model to your unit, you remove the closest model to the center of the blast marker. So your friend is almost correct, kind of, but only about Barrage weapons specifically.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    I am just wondering how the models under the blast marker aren't the ones closest to it...
    not closest to the blast marker. Closest to the unit firing. I generally roll a scatter dice with my 2D6, and sometimes the marker scatters backwards into models deeper in the unit. However, that doesn't change who's closest to the firing model... which is what's important for the wound allocation part of the game.