BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fly Lord

Default ATTENTION: BoLS is looking for a Tactics/Army List Wrangler

So all you fine denizens of the Lounge.

We want to do a weekly frontpage post that highlights the best single tactics or army list thread from in here.

Now as we all know, the best judges of such quality are yourselves, who are engrossed in the tactical discussions.

If you are interested in taking the time to help out and submit what you consider to be the best piece of creative and useful tactical thread/army of the week, throw in your hat in this thread, and tell us a little about yourself.

I'll be in contact.

-Larry
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

I'd do it. What do you want to know?

Chapter-Master

I'll do it. And I'll do it in the style of mkerr: acerbic, crass, and cheesy as all ::boing::!
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Librarian

Question: will anybody independent of the discussion be working to ensure that all game rules are being followed? This board in general has a tendency to talk about tactics being used in their local game stores or player clubs, or players who insist that a 4th edition rule applies to the new rule set, and whatever else. If there isn't a peer review process, the section seems unlikely to be of much value.

Default Grizzled Vet

I would be interested in looking at the various features and advantages of various armies and their builds. I have been playing for 21+ years, and have played almost all of the armies. I really haven't used the Necrons, the Tyranids, or the Tau that much. I have played them, and have read their books and looked up various lists because the multiple variations and how they play is very interesting to me.
    I travel alot, but read my army books alot as well as peruse the various websites looking for ideas and inspiration in creating my lists. I tend to lean towards the more fluffy ones, but understand the need for the rock hard net lists that are needed for the tournament scene. However, with the inclusion of FW models into the game, i think alot of gloves have come off and the game became alot richer. I would love to help out if at all possible.I do know that anything i write is liable to be picked apart as you have a very knowledgeable and diverse gaming community that isn't afraid to state its opinions. That goes with the territory I suppose. Please let me know if you are interested.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by thecactusman17 View Post
    Question: will anybody independent of the discussion be working to ensure that all game rules are being followed? This board in general has a tendency to talk about tactics being used in their local game stores or player clubs, or players who insist that a 4th edition rule applies to the new rule set, and whatever else. If there isn't a peer review process, the section seems unlikely to be of much value.
    bwhahahahahah! Peer review process? You are asking BoLS for a peer review process, when their OWN articles have horrible grammar issues? When their OWN articles do not follow the rules?

That's rich!

No, what they want is someone who can write something that gets more people to look at their site!

Fly Lord

That's why we love Tynskel.

His superhero power is cutting through the BS.

Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

First-Captain

you got to admit, as a superhero power that is pretty lame...

Still, I'm already planning on working on some real Tau tactical analysis.
    For the Greater good.

Veteran-Sergeant

I would love to do it. Having llected almost every army, i know how to play them and some great stratergies for each army.
    "Aw, a little baby dinosuar! what race are you little fella??? Ah. by the head biting and your friends devouring me, and people screaming tyranid, i'm gonna guess Ork"

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    you got to admit, as a superhero power that is pretty lame...

Still, I'm already planning on working on some real Tau tactical analysis.
    Hey, at least I *have* a super power!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast