BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Monsterless Creatures

And then it hits me monsterous creatures no longer get 2D6 on armor penitration!

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    And then it hits me monsterous creatures no longer get 2D6 on armor penitration!
    Yeah, it's rough. They are AP 2, which helps, and they can opt to Smash, trading half their attacks (rounded down) for double strength (to a maximum of ten) and re-rolls on their armor pen checks. It's a gain in some places and a loss in others. Most MCs still kill most tanks most of the time.

Just feels weird to let go of something that seems so traditional.......sigh.....

Librarian

yeah, it seems you need the special armourbane rule to get the 2d6. This will hurt my trygons especially, but then again all I have to do is smash them to get double strength and I will be fine, hehe.

Thank you for pointing this out though.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    trading half their attacks (rounded down)
    Fractions all round up now, and Smash doesn't say any thing to the contrary.

Kinda a shame, but it always kinda disappointed me that MCs completely shred Walkers in close combat - no epic duels between my chaos dread and a carnifex. I'd rather that'd be fixed by giving Walkers a degree of defense against 2d6 pen. in close combat than MCs losing it, though.

Still, bet ya' 5 crowns that next 'nid codex, Crushing Claws will give Armourbane rather than their current random rule.

Brother-Captain

I actually prefer having smash instead of 2D6. It means MCs with S7 or lower like Hive Tyrants and Trygons can now Instant-Death Spehss Mahreens. Coupled with re-rolling to hit due to ALL the Scything Talons, the lower number of attacks will still yield the desired results. Non-Tyranid MCs like Daemons and the Avatar usually have high WS to make it more reliable too.

Chapter-Master

And now that you hit vehicles on a 3+, MCs are actually better against vehicles.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Captain

Armor penetration is based on manliness and only one man can get 2D6 without a chainsaw. Colonel Iron Hand Straken! He punches with justice!

At least Necron Spyders are now better at fighting dem Dreads and other vehicles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast