BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chapter-Master

Default Path of the Corsair

So I'm starting my corsair Allies list and I bought my first Eldar model, the Farseer with Spear, for only $7. I love the model and am super excited to paint it.

What are some of your favorite Eldar models that you'd consider to be "must haves."

Help a budding Xenos brother out.

www.queencityguard.com

Well, it's nowhere near as affordable as a $7 Farseer, but the Phoenix is a beautiful model, and with it's new rules in IA11 and the addition of Strafing Run and Vector Dancer from the update, is an incomparable infantry killer and solid AA fighter. As far as actual codex models, Banshees, Scorpions and Fire Dragons all got new sculpts with the last codex and are still very pretty models with cool color schemes (though Banshees are significantly less useful these days). Harlies are always aesthetically pleasing, and have a more useful niche now with Rending.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Archon Charybdis View Post
    Well, it's nowhere near as affordable as a $7 Farseer, but the Phoenix is a beautiful model, and with it's new rules in IA11 and the addition of Strafing Run and Vector Dancer from the update, is an incomparable infantry killer and solid AA fighter. As far as actual codex models, Banshees, Scorpions and Fire Dragons all got new sculpts with the last codex and are still very pretty models with cool color schemes (though Banshees are significantly less useful these days). Harlies are always aesthetically pleasing, and have a more useful niche now with Rending.
    Is there any diff b/w the Phoenix and the Void Dragon Phoenix?

www.queencityguard.com

Banned

War Walkers are rather iconic to me, and the Wasp kit is pretty sweet.

The regular Phoenix has a pulsar, while the Void Dragon has twin starcannons. They also have slightly different fins and hull details.

The most recent Phoenix rules essentially fold the VDP into the same entry, allowing you to swap out the pulse laser for a TL Star Cannon or Bright Lance. I don't even remember if the Void Dragon Phoenix has been updated anytime recently, it may still be the old 365pt version from IA:A1. Either way, with the new flyer rules I prefer the pulse laser for going after other flyers, the missile launchers and shuricannons are enough to handle most infantry just fine. My own Phoenix has built a reputation for itself as a flying Hive Tyrant hunting ace.

Chapter-Master

Wraithlords. Theres a reason i have 7.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

On that note, the Wraithseer is a gorgeous model and the rules for it aren't too shabby, especially with the FAQ making it's FNP power 4+. So now, Wraithguard can have 3+ armor, 5+ cover, and a 4+ FNP that can't be ignored by demolisher cannons.

Librarian

Harlequins, i would say all the models, but the Death Jester is my #1 favorite out of what's currently available.