BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How do you store your 'leftover' bits ?

Title says it all...

I am collecting more and more leftover bits (Ork, Grey Knights, Chaos Marines, Dark Eldar, also some WFB) but I just keep them in their original boxes because I haven't found a good way to store/sort them.

I tried 1 big "bitz box" but it is hopeless to find something in there when you need something and I also tried (for my Orks) to put all the leftover parts of the different boxes in small containers but that is not helpfull when trying to swap items between the different boxes...

So how do you guys store your leftover bits ?

Chaplain

Most of the bitz I have that aren't used yet are still on sprue - these live in a large cardboard box in my closet. Bitz that have been clipped already are sorted into plastic tubs and canisters (approx. 2"-4" diameter) and those are stored in another box. I also keep "project boxes" handy for when I'm doing conversion work for a specific army/unit.
    We Will Strike With The Arms Of Gods
    And Leave Nothing In Our Wake

Due to storage issues, I tend to just ditch mine. I used to have a bitzbox, but I sold it wholesale as I no longer had the room!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

i found that a good way to keep bitz organized are sealable freezer bags and or baby food jars. i use the baby food jars for smaller bits like heads, arms torsos, and accesories. for bigger pieces like from vehicles i use the freezer bags. they are thick enough so that tha sharper bits dont poke thru and rip the bag then grab a sharpy marker and label it. whola organized bits!

Veteran-Sergeant

I tend to use the forge world bags I seem to accumulate, (clearly I have a bit of a problem). Basically I use a bag for body parts of a particular army/race and a separate bag for vehicle bits and weapon type parts. Works fine enough for me as I know which bag to raid depending on which modelling project I am in the middle of.

Chaplain

I have two small drawers, one for big bits like tanks, MCs and other large bitz and the other for infantry sized bits. if the sprue still has a load of bits on it i keep them on and put it in a big trunk i have under my desk.
    Step forth and be recognized.
    No mercy. No pity. No hope.

Chaplain

I use craft storage bins. They are tiny little plastic boxes. Some have moveable dividers. I got a lot of them from the dollar store.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bitbins.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	122.3 KB 
ID:	2262  

Brother-Sergeant

this is what I do

I've got a couple of parts cabinets like this:

[url]http://www.best-b2b.com/userimg/896/898-1/25drawer-parts-cabinet-650.jpg[/url]

One like that one, the second is taller and has some larger drawers for bigger bits.

Brother-Captain

[url]http://www.belamny.com/images/Roly_Kit-263x251.jpg[/url]

I found one of these at a thrift shop a while back. Everything else is still on sprue.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast