BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Pretty sure I'd punch somebody in the face if I saw a list like this. Seriously. Oh well, it's not anyone's fault but the people who didn't consider the idea that someone would do something like this or Fateweaver/2+ save lists.

Meh.

Default Wow - haha

It's dirty - but really your Plague Bearers suck versus flyers - and yeah you just kill the flying DP's and now you jus zoom around the board doing what you want.

Still it is dirty. I really just like using Plague marines - but right now with have CSM breathing down on our necks so will see how dirty this will end up being. I am hoping for marked vehicles with cool options. That is what I want. Now to look at getting a decimator haha.
    Goatboy - BolS Writer/Artist/Commission Miniature Painter/NINJA!!

On the note of Epidemus-cheese, how about pairing the guy with a Servants of Decay FW army? Basically, Imperial Guard who're followers of Nurgle.

Passing his benefits on to the S4, FnP and Fearless 6pt a model Plague Zombies (who can get Furious Charge with the right special character), yeesh.

Librarian

I looked into using Servants of Decay as allies, but in the unit individual description most units do not state anywhere that they have the mark of Nurgle. Some units like the Plague Marines, and a few select units get this, but most do not. I felt the plague zombies were not a very tactical choice for most games. Sure they are cheap, but other than tying a unit down in close combat, they can not do much else. I would prefer a unit that had a shooting option.

I suppose that once you get the tally high enough, they would wound on 2+ and ignore armour saves, but using daemons, and plague zombies, the chances of you getting the tally high enough, early enough is very hard. The Zombies, can not do enough damage without the tally's bonuses. The Plague Bearers and zombies are both very slow unit types, so you need to rely on your other Nurgle forces to cause sufficient kills on the enemy. That makes the Daemon Princes and Daemon engines like the Plague Hulk and Blight Drones prime targets.

Pity you can not use allies from 2 different codexes if you have 2 primary detachments, I suppose that would create either more cheesier army list combinations, or/and even more head-aches, as gamers argue about using one ally who can not ally with the other, but both can ally with the main army, I suppose that is why GW made the rule up - allies from 1 codex only.
    The world is Chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms. Certa Cito

Page 112
    Desperate Allies are treated as Allies of Convenience.
    ... cannot be charged, shot, targeted with psychic powers or have templates or blast markers placed over them".
    Aura of Deacy is a ranged weapon.

Allies cannot be shot. It does not state that they need to be targeted to count as shoot at.
    Sorry kids. Your Epidemius + grots combo is a failure.

On Page 112 it also goes on to say that "However, if a psychic power, scattering Blast weapon or other ability that affects an area hits some of these Allies of Convenience, they will be affected along with any friendly or enemy units.

In the Daemon Codex on page 75 Aura of Decay says that "When used, all enemy models within 6 inches of the Daemon automatically suffer a Strength 2 hit with AP-."

It does say that it is a ranged weapon, but since no roll to hit is needed to hit, the grots aren't being shot at. Aura of Decay is a ability that simply affects all units within 6 inches.

@ Tomroast :
    flamer templates and many other ranged weapons also don't roll to hit...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12