BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran-Sergeant

With the ability to always shoot I don't see the Advanced Stabalisation systems as that big of a deal. I'd much rather have a 4+ Invul on my suit.
    Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill, however nothing beats rolling all sixes.

Quote Originally Posted by plasticaddict View Post
    With the ability to always shoot I don't see the Advanced Stabalisation systems as that big of a deal. I'd much rather have a 4+ Invul on my suit.
    I think your missing out on the math here. If you take stablizers, then you get to move and shoot with full BS and benifit from marker drones. If you choose to take a multi tracker, when you move and shoot your railguns they can only snapfire, which mean they can never benefit from marker drone for the BS increase. Your stuck with TL BS1 which is far superior to TL BS3 and the possiblity of TL BS5. This is why you take stablizers, so broadside can do they're job, and thats kill tanks. Multi-trackers are wasted unless you buy plasma rifles and go Terminator hunting. BTW, for ~180pts you get a Broadside team leader with Stablizer, HW BSF, HW DC, bodning knife and 2x Shield drones. Along with a broadside buddy with Stablizers. This is imo the best load out, 3 in one unit is ineffecient with the loss of targetlock, you don't want to waste shots, but you still want to kill the tank.

Battle-Brother

I'd much rather have a broadside with a targeting array or bsf and a 4+ invuln. Broadsides don't need to move and they surely shouldn't be supported by a marker drone when we have tetras dropping 4 markerlights a turn hitting on 3's. A two man team with shield drones should be plenty for 6th with the overall lack of armor. Throw them in some 4+ ruins and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauownz View Post
    I'd much rather have a broadside with a targeting array or bsf and a 4+ invuln. Broadsides don't need to move and they surely shouldn't be supported by a marker drone when we have tetras dropping 4 markerlights a turn hitting on 3's. A two man team with shield drones should be plenty for 6th with the overall lack of armor. Throw them in some 4+ ruins and call it a day.
    I disagree, broadsides surely do need to move. No table is ever clear enough to see everything you might need to shoot at, and if there is an object blocking the LOS to your broadsides, you can be sure that your opponent is going to have models you want to shoot over there. It also allows you to position your broadsides to the best spot to shoot without even being seen by enemy units that can shoot back and kill them. Adv Stabalizers are teh best buy for an upgrade in 6th due to the fact that they have no penalty and can vastly increase the broadsides survivability while doing what they are suppose to do and to the best of their ability. Shoot every turn! Or untill everything is dead.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote81 View Post
    I disagree, broadsides surely do need to move. No table is ever clear enough to see everything you might need to shoot at, and if there is an object blocking the LOS to your broadsides, you can be sure that your opponent is going to have models you want to shoot over there. It also allows you to position your broadsides to the best spot to shoot without even being seen by enemy units that can shoot back and kill them. Adv Stabalizers are teh best buy for an upgrade in 6th due to the fact that they have no penalty and can vastly increase the broadsides survivability while doing what they are suppose to do and to the best of their ability. Shoot every turn! Or untill everything is dead.
    this is why I took them in pairs.....set them up in some ruins and or good cover and you got mutiple firing lanes. Before I play a game our a tourny....I always take a look at the table that are set up for a game so I can start planning and positioning.

Chapter-Master

I've always used Stab Systems on Broadsides.

In 5th ed you didn't start with them on the board 33% of the deployments. So not being able to move and shoot meant loosing a whole turn of potential shooting.

Now however...I might reconsider.But probably not.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12