BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

I like Tesla, releasing all the patents to spur innovation was a good thing.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    They're manipulating the stats in the first paragraph, taking no position on anthropological global warming to be support for the consensus of anthropological global warming occurring...
    oops I apologise I misread that. The numbers are just so close to adding the others brain jumped that way
    Last edited by Psychosplodge; 07-02-2015 at 03:24 AM.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

If you follow tech sites, you'll see a new battery technology come up every month or so. Aluminium-Air, new Lithium-Ion technology, graphene or carbon nanotube-based technologies, etc, etc. So far, nothing has come to fruition. I think the Powerwall still only use Li-Ion technology, though manufactured to a high standard. One wonders how well they'll hold their charge as they cycle charges.

As far as the environment, carbon dioxide and such have nothing on the industrial runoff, strip mining, oil spills and Great Pacific Garbage Patch for steadily poisoning ourselves. We can plant trees to offset carbon dioxide, and the effect on wildlife is much more subtle. However, habitat destruction through chemical pollution such as occurs all over China and other heavily industrialised areas, as well as deforestation, are what's killing the biodiversity that keeps the planet living.

Sadly, the toughest challenge is making this in power give a crap. The only way that's worked so far has been by appealing to their wallet...
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chapter-Master

we already solved the solar issue anyway with those light bricks that store light in tiny boxes and then you let it out, Brasseye covered it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I like Tesla, releasing all the patents to spur innovation was a good thing.
    yeah that was awesome, and is a fun fact to throw at my friends who are adamant that every company ever is evil and everything is a conspiracy and corporations run the world and are trying to kill everyone.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

Anyway we all know the truth

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    I always love when non scientists discuss scientific concepts....

So lets see a show of hands for whose got the education and training to properly understand the science of renewable energy sources currently in developement and therefore the people who are qualified to make statements over what issues such sources may or may not actually have in terms of supply. Even better lets make these comments with proper refence to scientific literature instead of blog posts and poorly researched news articles.

As far as im aware its Morgrim and myself, but please if you feel you belong on this list please let us know your qualifications.

CG, looks like you have a background in science as wel, is that correct?
    Yup, hold up my hands, not my area Give me people not machines, I'm a biologist.

Could source stuff properly, but it is a lot of effort to search databases for stuff for a forum post

I would know where to look for human biology/medicine, so it would be a lot quicker, not really sure what are the good journals for environmental sciences. Any heads up?
    Last edited by Haighus; 07-02-2015 at 05:44 AM.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

If daboarder is a ****ing scientist no wonder we're in serious trouble lol.

Fun fact, environmental archaeologists pioneered and are largely responsible for developing or compiling the first long term climate records through dendrochronology and lake sediments as well as mapping regional climates through the examination of pollen and animal remains across regional sites.
    Last edited by eldargal; 07-02-2015 at 05:39 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    If daboarder is a ****ing scientist no wonder we're in serious trouble lol.
    [URL=http://s1216.photobucket.com/user/KirstenIGMB/media/fistbump_zpsjtnwzmfp.jpg.html][/URL]

who knew you could become a Bsc in trolling?
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Haighus View Post
    Yup, hold up my hands, not my area Give me people not machines, I'm a biologist.

Could source stuff properly, but it is a lot of effort to search databases for stuff for a forum post
    I can't see Daboarder's posts, but I don't have a background in science, more engineering. I have an interest in science, naturally. Not gunna claim I know everything about it, though.

Besides, I thought we were on a Wargaming forum, not a scientific debate. Tbh, if people show my doubts about things to be wrong, I'd be pretty happy. I'm a naive optimist deep down, but this world makes it hard to keep that up. :P
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chapter-Master

It must be hard being an optimist. How do you cope with the constant disappointment?

Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast