BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Occuli Imperator

Probably
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Veteran-Sergeant

Oh I like this thread! I hate that work PC blocks pictures of minis that people put up. I can see some of them but not others....

Damn IT people!
    Trying to build a tau army
    How long will this take

Occuli Imperator

It does my head in that people can assault someone with film evidence and them not being prosecuted.

[url]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/10025054/Olympic-medallist-Chris-Boardman-hits-out-at-police-over-bike-rage-attack.html[/url]

Also, joy! I often cycle through that area. Just have to make sure that I look suitably goth enough so I can claim it is an hate crime...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

more chance of convincing the police of that than it was because you're white...

Also of course he'll show remorse if it gets him off, anybody would.
    Last edited by Psychosplodge; 05-02-2013 at 04:50 AM.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

The comments on the Sun's version of the story make you weep for humanity.

The comments ticked all the boxes:

He deserved it because he was a cyclist
    He deserved it because he was a filming his route and therefore looking for trouble
    He deserved it because all cyclists drive through red lights
    He deserved it because he doesn't pay road tax
    He deserved it because he shouted at the van

Chapter-Master

I generally dislike a certain type of cyclist but I certainly couldn't be arsed to get out and attack one...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Veteran-Sergeant

That was very wrong! I can't believe that he got away with it. I looked at the video a few times and I couldnt even see what the cyclist did to P*** the guy off
    Trying to build a tau army
    How long will this take

Occuli Imperator

He beeped his little horn as the van passed. I imagine the van driver took exception to this. The cyclist must have felt that the driver passed too close and so beeped his horn. I am not sure if I were in the same situation that I would have shouted at the van driver. Though if the cyclist had been in the centre of the lane he would have avoided this issue at the cost of a more irrate driver (probably).

Coach home almost squished a cyclist last night.

Mind you, Captain 'Vulnerable Road User' did decide to you know, run a red light....

I feel sorry for Cyclists to be honest. Road users inherently only notice the utter, utter bellend riders. I guess it's a bit like being a conservative or a liberal (hello). Because the only kind of politics to really show up on the radar are the more extreme ends, when you're happy to identify as one, you have to prove you're not a nutter straight after. And then others try to hold you responsible for the opinions of the nutters.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Occuli Imperator

This is it, there is a thing called selection bias. It is a subconcious selecting of memories, so imagine you get a train each day, the instances when it is wet and the train is late would standout, then once your subconcious has made the connection, every time the train is late and it is raining you think "The train is always late when it is raining" and all the other times that the train is late and not raining, and raining and not late are forgotten.

It is the way that you mgiht not notice a particular model fo car on the road until you buy one then you see it everywhere.

I think that it is a consideration that whenever anyone acts as part of a minority (of whatever type) they are percieved to be representing the whole community, so for instance you see a couple of people dressed up as Klingons and the assumption is that all Trekers do so. You see a religious fundamentalist and you think all memebers behave like that.

Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast