BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default 2 asssault questions

Fist question is about the 3" pile in. So the rule says that at each models I step they do a 3" pile in if they are not in B2B with a model SO my question is this (and it happened and we could not find a answer) Do the models charging get ANOTHER move at there I step? I looks like they would but I could have just missed it. Here is what I mean.

- I have 10 fenrisian wolves charge 10 necron warriors
    - 5 get into B2B and 5 do not
    - First I step is I4 (the wolves) They do a 3" pile in if they are NOT in B2B
    - They attack
    - The next I step is I2 (The warriors) any that are not in B2B do there 3" move and attack

OR

- I have 10 fenrisian wolves charge 10 necron warriors
    - 5 get into B2B and 5 do not
    - First I step is I4 (the wolves) the wolves stay put
    - They attack
    - The next I step is I2 (The warriors) any that are not in B2B do there 3" move and attack

SECONDS QUESTION: I am unable to find out if IC have to be in B2B anymore to get there attacks in close combat or if they just follow the rules for everyone else and have to be 2" of someone in B2B. thnx

First example is correct. So in essence, you get 2d6 inch charge plus 3" pile in before you attack.

IC no longer have to be in base to base to attack. They also are no longer singled out when fighting, which means their awesome WS is reduced when you are attacking that unit (they still get it when they attack)

Also screws awesome characters like Obyron with his ability to get free attacks for people missing him (unless he is in a challenge)

Occuli Imperator

1st example is correct, but before you charge don't forget that the defenders get to overwatch
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Thnx both of you. I thought I was right I just wanted to double check because I would hate to be doing it wrong and then look like a moron when someone explains it to me.

Occuli Imperator

Don't worry, it's 6th, we all learn together
    Even in the final months of 5th my group were still looking up rules
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni