BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

we talked about doing this and we agree. heres the idea for favoured units:

Favoured units of Plague Marines, Havocs, Chosen, Possessed, and Terminators recieve a free icon when fielded at a favoured unit size, or a multiple thereof. Additionally, Plague Marines (thinking about terminators , used to be able to) may take a second special weapons choice when fielded in units of 7.

Favoured units of Plaguebearers recieve +1 to their summoning rolls when favoured.

Agreed also to drop the termies to 45 pts based on playtesting results.

Daemon prince shoudl be 5(6) for toughness also.

Looks pretty good so far, a couple suggestions: You could use scribd.com to host the .pdf format armylist (it's a good site for that, plenty of codexes and imperial armors are there already). Secondly, the latest imperial armor has a nurgle datasheet which gives all models that are part of it access to a nurgle special weapon: the "Chem-Burner", and combi-chem-burners. These are both a ten point upgrade to flamers and combi-flamers, respectively. Might be worth including? Maybe give some nurgley tank options, like putting a toned down plague mortar ([url]http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1181460_Chaos_Space_Marines_Datasheet_-_Nurgle_Plague_Tower.pdf[/url]) on a vindicator. What about plague zombies as a troops choice?

Brother-Sergeant

For my 2 cents I am not so sure about zombies in a Death Guard list maybe in an expansion ?? But nurgle tank options yes I agree with that I always thought it was lame that Chaos tanks were nothing more than imperial with spikey bits and less options. I always liked the idea of Chaos (Nurgle) tank variants that filled similar battle field roles as things like the Whirlwind or Razorback. A Rhino with an upgrade of multipile Havoc launchers as an example Landraider with a puscannon variation in the sponsons and so on. The chem burner thing sounds interesting I will have to read up on that.

Point, the zombies don't necessarily fit the character of the deathguard. Instead of an expansion, how about a character? The leader of the zombies in the apocalypse formation is called the Plaguemaster, perhaps that could be an hq upgrade that allows zombies to be taken as troops?

Brother-Sergeant

That would work ...actually yes I like the idea what about a character that has army wide rules similar to marines Zombies become troop choices plus some other nifty rule isnt there something about rasing the dead of both sides as zombies.

good tip!

[url]http://www.scribd.com/doc/21155189[/url]

there's the new final spot to download/check out the whopping 55mb pdf file.

i like the idea for the chem burners option. i haven't heard of this before, but i will consider throwing it in there if i can find the rules for em. Still toying with the idea of bringing back the nurgles rot vehicle upgrade, but not sure about whether to make it the same as the spell, or just go with what it was in 3.5.

hmmm plague zombies... really not sure about that in a death guard list. i can see it both ways. the plague zombies are certainly very nurgle-esque, and i think theyve been used in various campaigns by typhus and such. Maybe if typhus is taken they become an additional core choice. the only problem i see is that the plague zombies are part of the old lost and the damned list from the eye of terror codex. wasnt that the traitor guard list?

dont really have a strong feeling one way or the other but my inclination is to leave them out.

As per the Pdf, yea its got some blurriness and its not exactly formated perfectly. i will put the blight grenades rules in the final version for sure, but im thinkng i will make the final version design wise from scratch, not just copy and pasting codex demons and CSM, something along the lines of the dwarfs of chaos army book, with fluff taken from the various chaos codices, artwork from all three, etc...

Plague Zombies are found in the Eye of Terror codex, the Plague of Zombies apocalypse datasheet ([url]http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1180078_Chaos_Space_Marines_Datasheet_-_Plague_of_Zombies.pdf[/url]) and Imperial Armour 7. Imp. Arm. version or Apocalypse versions would be the best, but I'm partial to the Apocalypse datasheet one. I'm partial to the datasheet ones, which have lower stats and points cost, and more characterful rules.
    Last edited by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer; 10-17-2009 at 06:19 PM.

Brother-Sergeant

The plague hulk is now out goody so hows the codex coming along.

Fly Lord

Moved to Homebrew Rules
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

we'll we're still playtesting the death guard, this is a pretty extensive part of the process. so far they have drawn the vast majority ,won a few, and havent lost yet. that said they are a blast to play and so far no one has had any negative response to fighting them.

as per the plague hulk and blight drones, i did manage to get my hands on the IA 7 and will definetly be including the appropriate nurgle choices from said book, including the daemon prince characters, as currently the army has a single special character.

Also, regarding plague mutants, we will definetly be including them in armies where typhus is the general, for a fun flavourful option, probably with the IA rules, as they are much more in line with the current game than the rules from the codex: eye of terror.

The last step we will need to do is to put the polish on this bad boy, meaning completetly originally laying out each page and setting it up just like a current dex, ala the BOLS minidexes that they put out form time to time. this part will take forever. i did just get a scanner so i want to get some of the really cool artwork from the 2nd and 3.5 ed. codices to put in to spruce it up.

I figure this is already ripping the rules off of of GW, which would be some sort of copyright infringement or some such, so theres no point in not using the nice fluff and artwork. of course this isnt going to be sold in any way, and ive gotten only positive response from the local GW around here. thoughts?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast