BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Stormraven disembark

So does this mean for your guys to get out of a storm raven it can only move 6 inches?

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    So does this mean for your guys to get out of a storm raven it can only move 6 inches?
    Yes. That's what it means.

Chapter-Master

The Raven moves up to 6", you disembark another 6", and you can assault afterwards thanks to being an Assault vehicle. No faster than that, though you can do the deepstrike disembark while going however far you want.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

so much for the shadow in the skies.....

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    The Raven moves up to 6", you disembark another 6".
    Does the Raven need to be in Hover type mode to do that, even in deepstrike?

Chapter-Master

Yes. You can't disembark normally in Flyer mode. I don't see anything that prevents Shadow in the Sky from letting you deepstrike disembark while Flying, though. I'm pretty sure they planned that from the beginning, because it was kind of useless when they were just skimmers.

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    so much for the shadow in the skies.....
    You still get it, as it overrides the normal disembark restrictions.

So, to clarify;

If your Storm Raven is in Flyer mode, you may only deepstrike disembark, but you may move as far as you want.

If you are in Hover mode, you may use Shadow in the Sky, or you may move 6" and disembark 6".
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.