BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Limited Edition/Rare Books

Hey folks-
    Was interested in a list of what is considered a limited or rare edition book, such as:
    Aurelian
    Promethian Sun
    Daenythos

Any others out there?

The Unkindness of Ravens, Catechism of Hate, there was a Night Lord one too, and an Iron Warrior one.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

Are you sure there was a Night Lord one?

Unimaginatively, the Iron Warrior book is called "Iron Warrior." It's actually really, really good.

Some of the chapbooks are also semi rare.

www.queencityguard.com

Yeah, it was called Lord of the Night (also a dull name) methinks.

This is a new edition of Lord of the Night, first published in 2005. Like all our print on demand(?) books, Lord of the Night is printed as an attractive large format novel.
    Last edited by Tzeentch's Dark Agent; 07-26-2012 at 07:07 AM.

Chapter-Master

Oh... I didn't know that was a limited book. I have the original mass market printing, so that must have thrown me off.

www.queencityguard.com

It is now it would seem.

Also, I agree, Iron Warrior was awesome. Haven't read it in ages though.

Chapter-Master

You may want to check out [URL="http://www.blacklibrary.com/exclusive-products/Collectors-Editions"]this[/URL] page. In addition there is [URL="http://www.blacklibrary.com/exclusive-products/Direct-Exclusives"]this[/URL] page. There are also a number of now OOP print books from the early days of GW/BL publishing which would be considered rare by virtue of being OOP. The ones I possess as examples are The Life of Sigmar, The Witch Hunters Handbook, Liber Chaotica and Empire at War.
    Last edited by Wildeybeast; 07-26-2012 at 02:45 PM.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

All sounds like awesome stuff!
    I THINK i have Iron Warrior, Lord of the Night

Also, as an addendum to my own thread: please list the Audio Books too, as I know those are hard to come by.

********************SPOILER*********************** ************************************

(is lord of the Night the one where the Nightlord pretty much takes over all the gangs in an underhive and then escapes with an inquisitor in tow?)
    Last edited by Jmaximum; 07-26-2012 at 05:41 PM. Reason: forgot stuff

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    You may want to check out [URL="http://www.blacklibrary.com/exclusive-products/Collectors-Editions"]this[/URL] page. In addition there is [URL="http://www.blacklibrary.com/exclusive-products/Direct-Exclusives"]this[/URL] page. There are also a number of now OOP print books from the early days of GW/BL publishing which would be considered rare by virtue of being OOP. The ones I possess as examples are The Life of Sigmar, The Witch Hunters Handbook, Liber Chaotica and Empire at War.
    Empire at War. WHAAAAAAAAT? Explain, please!

www.queencityguard.com

Ok nevermind the spoilers for Lord of Night. The description gives it away. I do have that, and the story is pretty cool.
    I MAY have Iron Warrior in a *cough* collection that I *cough* found *cough*.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast