BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chaplain

Default Whirlwind launcher missles

Hey anyone ever model a whirlwind with both missile types?

I know someone who made the missles magnetic so he could swap between the 2 model-ings on a whim. Does that count?
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

The Dark Mechanic

I magnetzied the little parts that appear to have missiles protruding from them so I could swap between the two types that come with the model. I store the ones not being used inside the Whirlwind on a magnetic strip.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Scout

Why not just stick in one set of missiles on one side and the other set on the opposite side and make sure before games your opponent is clear on which set has been chosen?

there are actually two different missile types? O_o

Librarian

There's no in game difference anymore, under the previous codex you had two kinds of missile that you could arm your vehicle with hence the two options in the model kit, it's purely cosmetic under 5th ed though.
    Cats and Dogs are better than kids because they eat less, don't ask for money and if they get pregnant you can sell their children.

Quote Originally Posted by Guytholimew View Post
    Why not just stick in one set of missiles on one side and the other set on the opposite side and make sure before games your opponent is clear on which set has been chosen?
    It isn't chosen before game anymore. You need to tell your opponent which type you're firing before you shoot it. I personally have both types modeled on the whirlwind, but it was really cause I'm a stickler for my own stuff being WYSIWYG.

The Dark Mechanic

It's true, it doesn't make that much difference in Codex Space Marines. I only magnetized mine because it was done for a Dark Angels army, another annoying rules difference between the DA book and the new "regular" SM book.

I wouldn't stick one type on one side and the other on the other side, I've seen that done and it looks bad aesthetically in my opinion. I'd pick one and stick with it or make them interchangeable just for fun.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Chaplain

As am i. I like the look of the multiple smaller missiles better but what i'm going to do is paint the warheads different colors on either side of the launcher, designating both missile type loadouts. This to me makes sense as the delivery system for the missiles should be similar. it's just the armament that varies.

And Brass scorpion nice move with the magnetic strip inside. I have different turrets on all my Rhinos\Razors\LR's\WW's and swap the bolter one out for non bolter when i get a weapon destroyed. And the mag strip should make it less rattley...is that a word? Rattleish....ratty? no that can't be right....

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Brass Scorpion View Post
    It's true, it doesn't make that much difference in Codex Space Marines. I only magnetized mine because it was done for a Dark Angels army, another annoying rules difference between the DA book and the new "regular" SM book.

I wouldn't stick one type on one side and the other on the other side, I've seen that done and it looks bad aesthetically in my opinion. I'd pick one and stick with it or make them interchangeable just for fun.
    totally agree...and nice MyST quote..."I'm Huge!" ala Tom Servo is probably my default MyST reference..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast