BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Time Travel Zombie Quandy!

Yay! Just remembered, I've never played this game on BoLs befoe!

So, the rules are simple... There is a Zombie Apocalypse going on. And you're caught up in it. However, this can occur in *any* time period up to the modern day. You can pick what sort of peson you are in this time period, but remember to factor in any responsibilities that might carry with it. Nothing anachronistic can be used, and your tech level is average for the period (so no cherry picking, no applying Da Vinci's designs as practical applications.....) Oh, and despite the title of the thread, you youself have not travelled in time, and as such have no future knowledge....

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand..............OFF YOU GO!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

WW2 surely? Plenty of guns to go around. Plus Naxi zombies!
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Medieval Knight. Lots of lovely edged weapons, a nice secure castle to hide in and they can try and bite me all day long in my full plate.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Aldramelech View Post
    Medieval Knight. Lots of lovely edged weapons, a nice secure castle to hide in and they can try and bite me all day long in my full plate.
    I'd be more worried about infections from flea bites than zombie ones back then!
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Fair point on the fleas.

Other things to consider....medical facilities, population density, and general competence of the average human being.

I'd say WW2 is a tad risky. Densely packed populations in the UK due to bomb raids etc. Get on zombie or infected in a shelter....

For me, I'd have to say Roman Times, as a Roman Citizen. You have a well trained, armed and numerous army, which by all accounts was quite adaptive in it's tactics. Out in the sticks, most were leading an agricultural life, meaning farm implements, and the knowledge on how to use them safely and effectively. Overall population density was low, so there would be a good chance of avoiding the stinky ones altogether. Add in the general skills of the populace, you could resettle any temperate region with a fair chance of success... That to me would give you the greatest chance of survival!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Being a military quartermaster wouldn't be bad.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Fair point on the fleas.

Other things to consider....medical facilities, population density, and general competence of the average human being.

I'd say WW2 is a tad risky. Densely packed populations in the UK due to bomb raids etc. Get on zombie or infected in a shelter....

For me, I'd have to say Roman Times, as a Roman Citizen. You have a well trained, armed and numerous army, which by all accounts was quite adaptive in it's tactics. Out in the sticks, most were leading an agricultural life, meaning farm implements, and the knowledge on how to use them safely and effectively. Overall population density was low, so there would be a good chance of avoiding the stinky ones altogether. Add in the general skills of the populace, you could resettle any temperate region with a fair chance of success... That to me would give you the greatest chance of survival!
    Though general life expectancy would be half what it is today even without zombies to worry about. Give me an era with reasonable medical care any day, I can efficiently kill zombies in pretty much era of history.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Though general life expectancy would be half what it is today even without zombies to worry about. Give me an era with reasonable medical care any day, I can efficiently kill zombies in pretty much era of history.
    Ah, but could we assume some kind of societal breakdown, thus rendering our relatively centralised medical care less effective? Plus, a much higher risk of bumping into infected in a hospital?

Me, I'm happy to take the relative lack of medical care as a known risk. Romans could set bones, and had some understanding of hygiene (sewers and that!) so it's likely common infections and illnesses could be dealt with to some degree. Though I freely admit my knowledge of Roman medical competencies are somewhat limited!

Chapter-Master

Even with societal breakdown, there would still be drugs around. I'd could quite happily mush zombie skulls in the caveman era, but given how easily zombies will be overpowered I'd rather take my chances in a post penicillin era. Plus in WW2, the dead were often so badly mangled that they won't be a threat as zombies!

Edit: Though on reflection, the advantages of modern medical care would be somewhat offset by the whole world war thingy reducing my life expectancy. I may need to rethink this one.

So, any further thoughts?

How about cultures with ancestor worship. Would the walking dead be a conviction of belief, or an abomination to it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast