BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Librarian

Default Olympic opening ceremony

Any body watching this/ watched this, i think its quite spectacular at the moment, I cannot compare it to China as i didn't see their ceremony but watching the changes through society is fascinating.

Banned

I just had a look and saw a giant grim reaper while music from the Exorcist was playing. Weeeeeird. Pity I need to go to bed. Chariots of Fire going ATM.

Librarian

Im loving Mr Bean, no words but still funny.

It's all a bit bollocks really.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Librarian

The Real Question..

Did David Tennant (The Doctor) light the torch?
    The Dark Angels, The Emperor's First, and Finest!
    A moment of Laxity spawns a lifetime of Heresy

Librarian

Yo, Obliette Brits! Any of you feel like trolling the people up in the 40k Section who never bother to read the Obliette? Some of you should start making comment up there like "I heard there is some kind of sporting event going on here? What is that about?" Others could be like "What Olympics?"

-It is probably too obvious but you never know... a couple of you working together might be able to reel in some naive people.

Veteran-Sergeant

just awful.... boring as hell and not nearly as memorable as chinas. leave it to the brits to dull it up. oh an whats up with the queen? she looks pissssseddd

Quote Originally Posted by Aenir View Post
    The Real Question..

Did David Tennant (The Doctor) light the torch?
    no

But a legion of Mary Poppins did deep strike on Voldemort's *** and defeat him.
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarcissist View Post
    just awful.... boring as hell and not nearly as memorable as chinas. leave it to the brits to dull it up. oh an whats up with the queen? she looks pissssseddd
    I actually disagree. I think this one was really great to watch and I think the setting of it was just lovely. I think the hill with all the flags is a great addition. Further, china spent like, 3 times as much as anyone else ever has. Q

www.queencityguard.com

I thought it was very good, but I wouldn't say it was brilliant. The thing I'm most pleased with is that we broke the trend of spening more and more on the opening ceremony, exemplified by China spending £45m pounds. In contrast this ceremony cost £27m. It was understated and it was British, it just didn't make sense sometimes and it veered too far into the realms of silly at point. But I did prefer it to the Bejing ceremony which was just a case of 'let's wow people by throwing money at it. Which isn't to say it didn't have it good points.

I never would have expected HM the Queen to become a Bond Girl. That alone probably makes it the greatest Olympic ceremony to date.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast