BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    They also need to make sure that these rules are not compatible with 40k as Primarchs in normal games are going to be all sorts of broken..
    Mephiston seems to work okay, and he basically has a primarch stat line.

Librarian

Mephiston has a greater demon statline, which I see as Str and Tgh of 6. The rest of the stats vary but those to me. Now maybe a primarch would have the same base stats. Who knows. Wait and See I guess

I'm kinda hoping they take a subtler approach to the Primarchs - they were largely well known for being amazing generals, after all. Even the Emperor was nearly killed by a Warboss.

Remember, just like when we have lone marines killing dozens of chaos marines in the books, the Primarchs are plot-important protagonistesque figures. Nearly everything will go right for them. In the books, they are always rolling 6s. That shouldn't transfer into gameplay.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Dalleron View Post
    Mephiston has a greater demon statline, which I see as Str and Tgh of 6. The rest of the stats vary but those to me. Now maybe a primarch would have the same base stats. Who knows. Wait and See I guess
    And Greater Daemons are better than Primarchs, so it makes sense.

Hell Angron as a Daemon prince is S7, T6, W5.

Something that is actually interesting from Games Day:
    Quote Originally Posted by Junk@Dakkadakka
    I know it seems like the same crap people are used to hearing -around here, but take it as you will, sorry for the vagueness; designers were very tight lipped.

Without actually comfirming or denying anything directly at the meet and greet at games day, the games designers in attendance did suggest the following:

There is at the moment no ink being lain on an Eldar or ork codex, but both are scheduled, a lot of hats in the ring for the ork book
    A Lot of focus being placed on tau (suggestions of play testing), direct questions were met with smirks and sidelong glances to one another sorry I didnt press this further, but there were a crush of questions being hurled and each one was met with an eagerness to answer but a very measured response
    Lots of new models with individual rule sets will be released in the next few months
    Codices are now being worked on in blocks of three, ostensibly this is to help balance, but is not indicative of release schedule
    The play styles within GW (even during play testing) tend to lean towards the cinematic rather than competitive
    All designers were very excited while describing the volume of new models due to be released over the next few months, and hinted that recent releases are indicative of the volume we can expect with regularity
    Possible new tyranid anti-flyer unit
    Company wide changes to bring forge world, wd, digital, and core releases into alignment are underway
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

The Horus Heresy is interesting. Just putting it out there......
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    The Horus Heresy is interesting. Just putting it out there......
    A big lad has daddy issues, throws a hissy fit and converts to a hokey religion :P

Will be fun to see how FW handles it, and good that it isn't slowing the IAs down. Considering that they already have most of the pre-heresy marine kits done, shouldn't overwhelm the model releases.

The Chaos Gods are pretty fantastic, I must say.
    Seriously, join the dark side; we have cake!
    Last edited by Tzeentch's Dark Agent; 07-30-2012 at 05:27 AM.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Something that is actually interesting from Games Day:
    Now that is it interesting. Hopefully the mini Daemon booklet in this months WD is a sign of things to come with WD featuring more rules updates for smaller release waves. Though this months WD did feature a Hobbit advert so we can expect the amount of boring LotR finecast releases to increase in the run up to this Christmas.

Roll on the Tau!
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post

Roll on the Tau!
    If it's one thing I want to see it's XV-9s either in the codex or lowered in points , such awesome models but so expensive to use anywhere outside of Apoc battles. I think it was 260 points for a pair with fusion cascades and a shield drone .

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast