BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh rearry?

Default Oh rearry?

Hello all,

Looks like Faeit might be on to something about the Tau, [URL="http://natfka.blogspot.com/2012/08/rumors-everything-you-have-heard-is.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_ campaign=Feed%3A+Faeit212+%28Faeit+212%29"]see here[/URL].

I leave the floor of discussion to you.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Librarian

i can see the logic in the discussion! it would also allow me to get some awesome models and then get the rules (this is better for gw than my wallet!).

I will go and buy things because they are cool, they will release the codex, i will realise my cool choices are useless and buy yet more! my wallet already aches but i don't care!

ALShrive
    ALShrive; found somewhere between fact and breakfast.
    Horseman of the Derailment

Same here man. Tau were my first ever army, if they become good again then I may take up the banner of the blue fishmen.

Chapter-Master

Fishman? I thought they were evolved cows?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

My Tau saw the tabletop precislely twice in 5th edition.

I am yet to try them in 6th, but look forward to it

Problem with a models first, rules 2nd approach is you could buy something cos it looks awesome, then find out on the tabletop it sucks (Mandrakes, some dreadknight weapon options, Falchions, Doomsday Barge, Flayed Ones)
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

You say that Flayed Ones suck, I don't think you've seen their potential, but that is irrelevant.

My mate Chris is quite the Tau player, he's fielded them many times in 5th and 6th with relative success. I think the last time I had Tau was back in 4th...

Chapter-Master

Yeah mine had fun in 4th, Shas'O took a daemon prince down in H2H combat, and submunitions blasting apart horrors. It was glorious...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

I always ran Farsight, because Farsight is god.

If he's still in the 4th (I think we're on their 3rd codex now?) Tau codex then I will resurrect the Farsight Enclave, especially if he got upgraded like that model I saw at Games Day a couple of years ago. That was beautiful.

Chapter-Master

Frasight is great, particularly against Orks now you get preffered enemy in shooting.

His huge downside though is severly limiting what options you can take
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

I think that they'll get rid of that in the new 'dex.
    I only ever really used Fire Warriors and Battlesuits anyway, mechs are where it at.

I think that Farsight will make Crisis Battlesuits into a troops choice when Tau get updated.

He's also what, like Initiative 5 in the current codex? That's amazing.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast