BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default New player looking to start a Khador 35pt list

Hello all I am new to the Warmachine game and I have picked Khador as my army of choice . I chose these models because I like the look alot, not just because they are the best or what have you. I have also been doing some research to try to make this list optimal, because no one likes loosing all the time, lol. Anyways here it is.

Karchev the Terrible

Kodiak

Drago

Beast 09

War Dog

Kovnik Jozef Grigorovich

Winter Guard Infantry(just leader+5)
    Winter Guard Infantry Officer and Standard Bearer
    Winter Guard Infantry Rocketeerx2

Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor

The War Dog is obviously on Karchev, who should be able to keep up even with the running/tow hi-jinks. I plan on screening with Kodiak's steam after I have Karchev run out and fling all 3 jacks into place. I'm hoping this will keep all my 'jacks safe untill next turn, so I can start using Sidearms to keep them from being knocked down and to increase the crappy defence they all sport. I plan on keeping Jozef with the WG (duh) and take pot shots at what needs to be softened up. Orin looks to good to pass up, I just don't really know how to utilize him efficiently. Any tips, constructive criticism, or better strategy's would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Also looking at the Tier 4 effect, since those 'jacks are in Karchev's battlegroup, they all cost one less. Unless I am reading it wrong does that mean I have 3 more points to use on some something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Asuz View Post
    Also looking at the Tier 4 effect, since those 'jacks are in Karchev's battlegroup, they all cost one less. Unless I am reading it wrong does that mean I have 3 more points to use on some something else?
    You must meet all the requirements of a tier and the tiers before it to gain the benifits. That is a tier two list for example meets all the requirments and recieves all the bonus' from tiers 1 and 2.

Orin's use, I personally find, is dictated by your oppenent. I each game I use him find I spend most of the game using him in one role the majority of the turns (anti-infantry or anti-magic) and those when I am not he's hiding and waiting to use it.

To me his adaptability lies not on the table but in the list. I really like him, I've never put him on the table and regretted it.

Oh okay, the tier thing makes alot of sense. And thanks for the input about Orin, he went from a probably to a definatly. How does the rest of the list look as far as weaknesses go?

Brother-Sergeant

I usually run Karchev with Destroyer, Juggernaught, Berserker, and two full Man-O-War Shocktrooper squads. It comes out to 35 points and the Shocktroopers gain advance movement. I've only played a few games with this list but it hasn't lost yet.