BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New DE FAQ due?

Then take a Power Axe and Shadowfield?
    That's roughly the same points and would work out better for the Archon.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Scout

Archons come with plasma grenades....the PGL is just there for him to help out a squad.

BTW...PGLs giving defensive grenades is awesome.

Oh sorry, My mistake! True, that does work... But it's still not very reliable and as soon as the Shadow Field is gone he will die very easily and the Power Axe will be a massive disadvantage. Clone Fields in this situation could work better :P
    [I][I] =][= "Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse” =][=

Ah.
    I was just thinking, with him wounding on a 4+ it'd be better than the Huskblade.
    You could also give him a Power Spear. +1 Str, none of the initiative minuses, ignores the Captain's armour.

True, but then we are back to the Terminator Armour situation. However, I near enough always go for Venom Weapons on pretty much everything, because... If I can hit something enough times with 2+ re-roll to wound (either through drugs or Furious charge or which ever) I am sure they have to fail sometime :L
    [I][I] =][= "Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse” =][=

Rarely anyone takes Terminators anyway, well... at least in Shrewsbury.

My point was that I think its misunderstood to make the comparison in the first place.

That for the sake of fairness, a certain outfitting of an Archon needs to match a specific model and gear from another codex.

Eldargal does have a point about cost, I will admit. But the cost reflects the chance to instant kill that 300pts Hive Tyrant as well.

And 18,6% chance of making dust of that Captain before he strikes is still pretty good. Especially with the chance to get a 2++ save yourself, or ignore an average of 2 hits.

Remember that he has to buy a powerfist to instant kill back, and that is not so far from the huskblade in price.
    Last edited by Filthspew; 08-01-2012 at 12:59 PM.
    To will, to know, to dare, to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    Rarely anyone takes Terminators anyway, well... at least in Shrewsbury.
    Shrewsbury sounds like a truly wondrous place.

To all those talking about Archons - surely he'd be accompanied by a Farseer and/or some Harlequins? The latter should take care of terminators quite handily.

I think me and my mate Chris are the only Marine players that take them. I love shooty Terminators and Lysander, they're a team to be feared.

Brother-Captain

The problem is that an Archon is now just inferior to almost any Space Marine hero and will probably get splatted by one even if he costs more points. 15pts for Artificer Armour (and most Special Characters have a 2+ armour save anyway), renders the Archon useless unless he wants to strike at I1 with a Power Axe, thus rendering the Initiative you took in return for pathetic survivability useless. An Archon with an Axe and Shadowfield will probably still lose to most other ICs. I don't mind if the Archon and Succubus go up in points in return for being able to fight other ICs, but fluffwise they should definitely be able to.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast