BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New DE FAQ due?

Brother-Sergeant

No eldar, under normal circumstances, should ever have to strike at I1. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Quaade View Post
    That sounds very promising, I also hope they add some of the odd USR here and there, for example DE fliers would be prime targets for Vector Dancer and Mandrakes should really have the Daemon USR.
    what do mandrakes get out of the demon rule? Terror?

they are already demons for the purposes of GKs killing them...

they need to errata a few things...1st if you want me to take mandrakes then make the decapitator an upgrade character like snikrot and drop his points...as he is he is useless...

next like you said vector dance on our fighters would be nice.

also if the demons can fly over vehicles then our reavers can 2 and 3 d6 st6 hits plus 6 d3 s4 hits is going to glance the hell out of vehicles...

FAQ Lady M...her wording sucks....

drop the points on scourges or let them take 4 weapons with 5 of them like other special weapons teams

if true born are our shooting vets let them take dissies

if blood brides are our vanguards then let each of them take weapons...

Drop the points on the Dias and dont make me take 10 models with it...

Make the court worth something...if you take lameas then the entire court gets 3+ or 2+ poison...make them an archon's retinue...

Let incubi be retinues again

Give Hemos full access to wargear and let me put my HQs back on their bikes or skyboards (especially since both have such cool models now) hemos on bikes with destructors = fun

finally if we cant assault out of the portal any more we should be able to bring our raiders out of it again...

Brother-Sergeant

Not to mention:

How do enhanced aethersails work? During the movement phase, or the shooting phase? If during the movement phase, what is the vehicle allowed to do during the shooting phase (personally, I think that 'counts as moving at cruising speed' would be fine)

Similarly, it would be nice if chain snares could be used when moving during the shooting phase.

The court of the archon options should be changed to minimum of 0 instead of minimum of 1 each. As for making it a 'retinue', with 6th edition wound allocation, I think that might be meaningless now. Though, it would be cool at least certain members of the court (like the lhameans) counted as characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Krayd View Post
    I think that the point is less that terminators are a problem and more that the 'biggest and baddest' HQs from just about any race should have access to AP2 weaponry so that they can stand toe-to-toe with kitted-out marine HQs.
    Why?

Every race is different, thats the whole concept of the game.

And what is that makes 2+ such an impossible barrier to overcome?

Everyone else not a monster pays for ap2 with loss of initiative.

Why is that DE should retain their insane initiative and have ap2 on weapons that instant kill to stand toe to toe with marine hqs?
    To will, to know, to dare, to win.

Because the Husk Blade is priced to do exactly that, and if it doesn't, it is grossly overpriced.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by Filthspew View Post
    Why is that DE should retain their insane initiative and have ap2 on weapons that instant kill to stand toe to toe with marine hqs?
    I concur, why should my 100 points basic Space Marine Captain get jacknifed by some dirt cheap Archon?
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Because the Archon with a Husk Blade will go from Dirt Cheap, to near enough the exact same points and not come with the 4+ Invunerable save, or the S, T and the Standard 3+ of a Space Marine Captain. So it's not too unfair :P

Dark Eldar need a High Initiative AP2 weapon, because they cant take punches... They need to at least hit first, even if they dont kill :P
    Last edited by Corvus-Master-of-The-4th; 08-01-2012 at 02:48 AM.
    [I][I] =][= "Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse” =][=

You strike first, I die, how is this fair?
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Scout

SM Captain comes with BP and CCW, 3+ armour and 4++ for 100pts
    DE Archon comes with Splinter Pistol, Huskblade, 5+ armour for 95 pts

With no other wargear or effects the archon with strike at I7, hit on 3s and wound on 5s, those wounds then have a 50% chance of being ignored. If you up it to terminator armour for 140, (giving the archon combat drugs and a shadowfield to compensate) it just gets worse for the archon.

You have a 50% chance of surviving, trust me the Husk blade is cool when it works, but being S:3 and wounding on a 5+ tend to see the Archon not be as scary as people make out (of course... I always go with Combat Drugs, but that adds to the cost). If you attack back with a powersword he's dead meat :L

Oh and it costs an Archon 25 points to get grenades... So if I attack in cover I have to be very expensive to not get my face handed to me (I presume for challenges this would matter?)
    [I][I] =][= "Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse” =][=

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast