BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Has anyone lost out in 6th Edition?

Yes. It's another thread. Sorry. My head is full of topics!

So this time, has any army or race come off worse than before with the advent of 6th Edition? I don't so much mean specific lists than can be made from a Codex, as after all those tend to be asking for a nerf when their new book or core rules come out.

Consider Wood Elves in fantasy. They got pretty badly mauled with the changes to skirmish, and infantry becoming harder to deal with. Between these broad changes they really got the poopy end of the stick.

So off you go.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Yes. It's another thread. Sorry. My head is full of topics!

So this time, has any army or race come off worse than before with the advent of 6th Edition? I don't so much mean specific lists than can be made from a Codex, as after all those tend to be asking for a nerf when their new book or core rules come out.

Consider Wood Elves in fantasy. They got pretty badly mauled with the changes to skirmish, and infantry becoming harder to deal with. Between these broad changes they really got the poopy end of the stick.

So off you go.
    I'd argue that my mech Eldar got the nerf bat pretty badly with hull points. We have the double whammy of having both expensive and fragile transports. The fact that a 35 point Rhino has the same amount of HP as a 120+pt Wave Serpent still baffles me.

Since tanks are overall less reliable in getting to their destination, and the fact that we can no longer assault out of our vehicles - but must stand around and take it on the chin for a round really hurts our fragile little space elves. Coupled by their exorbitant cost makes me feel that I should shelve all my tanks for the forseeable future.

Fair point. Although I'm more looking for army wide bonings, I'm yet to see an Eldar army without some kind of armour, and yes the WS is typically prolific so I think this counts. I don't think it's Wood Elf bad, but it certainly counts!

I'm also struggling to think of a unit type that got shafted across the board. Some have had their roles changed a bit, but I wouldn't say for instance, Cavalry are a no go because of said changes.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Librarian

Eldar took some big hits, mostly to it's CC units. Having to be out of a transport the turn before you assault hurts them. When you add the in the fact they're space elves, its worse. But I think the army just changes it's way of playing. Add in that you cannot take or contest objective inside vehicles again hurts the eldar. They don't have staying power of marines, or horde armies like nids, IG or Orks. I'm not saying it's not right or wrong but eldar aren't cheap or tough.

Chapter-Master

Eldar basically had two decent lists, Footdar and Mechdar. Now, they have exactly one decent list.

That said, some of the new changes might result in a decent hybrid list. It's too early to tell, but someone might figure out something clever before they get a new codex.

Unfortunately for me, while I played foot heavy GKs, my secondary Eldar army was mechdar because I like Eldar vehicle. I didn't really play it as I was mostly sitting on it for a new codex, but it's not looking that great. We'll see when they do get a new codex, though.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

ALL CC based stuff. Simples. Several cumulative factors. Glances before used to take a minimum of 3 to kill a tank - and that was assuming it had only 1 weapon - surely everyone wuld have stuck a 5pt pintle on. Now 3 will pop that Rhino even if you don't slow it down. Can't charge, even out of the stationary vehicle. Then you get shot at charging in.

Then your furious chargers lose an extra I.

Means Berzerkers are shelved until the new codex confirms or denies their worth.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    Means Berzerkers are shelved until the new codex confirms or denies their worth.
    Recent rumormill that I put stock into indicated berserkers are going to 5A on a charge with the new rage rule, and their chainaxes are going to be AP 5. Try as I might, my DE cannot avoid close combat with berserkers for an entire game and expect to hold any objectives. That charge is going to be devastating to T3 fellas with paperbag armor.

Brother-Captain

These aren't entire codices, but rather armies.

Deathwing: you can no longer run the all-deep-strike Terminator army. Because of Deathwing Assault, half of the Terminators placed in reserve can enter play on turn 1, which used to mean that 2-3 units are going to deep strike on turn 1. Now it's down to 1-2 units deepstriking on turn 1. But they have a new codex coming soon.

White Scars: can't have all your bikes outflank or reserve anymore, which was a staple tactic for Khan's chapter.

Khornate Daemons: the loss of +1 strength on furious charge hit them pretty hard, and the change to power weapons being AP3 hurt them worse than most armies. They'll be able to ally in some new shiny Khornate CSM soon, though, so they should be alright.

No army got completely screwed in 6th, though, which is great. I suppose the army which took the biggest hit was Grey Knights because they went from being undisputed King of the Hill down to being a tier 1 army, on par with plenty of other codices.

Khornate Daemons: the loss of +1 initiative on furious charge hit them pretty hard, and the change to power weapons being AP3 hurt them worse than most armies. They'll be able to ally in some new shiny Khornate CSM soon, though, so they should be alright.
    fixed it.

nids got worst . no ally , no viable counter to flyers . SoB got worse too . no charging out of transports means their DCA [one of the few good units they had] makes no sense at all not and they dont have LR like GK . they have melta/flamer set ups on units where for 6th you want plasma and longe range anti tank[sob only have MM]. change to vehicles is ok for meq who have many non rhino class stuff , but for sob this means everything just dies fasters . challange rules screw them over because VSS are IG sgts in power armor .

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    I'd argue that my mech Eldar got the nerf bat pretty badly with hull points. We have the double whammy of having both expensive and fragile transports. The fact that a 35 point Rhino has the same amount of HP as a 120+pt Wave Serpent still baffles me.

Since tanks are overall less reliable in getting to their destination, and the fact that we can no longer assault out of our vehicles - but must stand around and take it on the chin for a round really hurts our fragile little space elves. Coupled by their exorbitant cost makes me feel that I should shelve all my tanks for the forseeable future.
    ehh...

mech eldar got the nerfbat hard.

Foot eldar got buffs pretty much across the board.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast