BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Prototype Imperial Guardswomen

Hi

My next army project is not quite ready for its own thread yet but is going to be based on the Ciaphas Cain books.

For those unfamiliar, Cain is a commissar attached to a regiment of ice world valhallans formed from two single gender regiments decimated by a battle with the tyranids to create a mixed gender regiment.

This means I want female guardswomen with greatcoats and furry hats who don't look like gorillas.

These are my prototypes built from the slimmer FW Krieg models, wych heads and green stuff. Plan is to use Krieg models for the girls and cadians with green stuff coats for the guys (the old metal valhallans do still exist but are really showing their age now.

What do you think?

Looks good - slender enough for the combo with the head to make 'em distinctly feminine, but not over-exaggerated. Maybe work on the front of the fuzzy hat a bit? I've found that the "pin-poked greenstuff" doesn't paint up that well, myself.

Brother-Captain

I think you're doing an excellent job so far.

I wish there were some way for me to easily add some female IG to my regiment. =/
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Adeptus Custodes

Have you seen ONLY WAR the new FFG imperial guard rpg? It will have some great guardswoman pics. [url]http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3185[/url] to the left here using the flamer for example. There may be some female valhallans in it when it comes out.

From the pictures I've seen the russian women in WW2 look quite feminine even in winter uniforms
    [url]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/yn4f914211.jpg[/url] but I suppose there has to be an element of propaganda in many of them.
    More Necromunda please.

A couple more girls and a couple of the guys to show the difference.

Very nice.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

The different models really work nicely. Subtle difference, but that makes it all the more interesting in my opinion!
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Maybe switch up the lasguns between some models? Might look kinda strange in the whole army if each gender has its own type of lasgun.

Then again, if they're made from two separate regiments, maybe each was supplied differently and they've just retained their old gear.