BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Battle-Brother

Default Wings on a nurgle daemon prince

I have just orders a nurgle daemon prince and I need ideas on how to attach wings to it. Any suggestion?

Chaplain

depends on what sort of look you are going for, most people just use some dragon wings and then "decay" them up or zombie dragon wings. I on the other hand would try to create a set of fly wings using some thin wires for the framework and then some PVA glue poured in a thin layer over it. don't know if it will work but if it does you'll probably have some good looking wings.
    Step forth and be recognized.
    No mercy. No pity. No hope.

Battle-Brother

I did find zombie dragon wings that might work
    [url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat720007a&prodId=prod1140 265[/url]

Adeptus Custodes

I once saw one that had the wings from a Tomb kings Carrion. It looked great.

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1610022a[/url]

Nice and rotten.
    More Necromunda please.

There are loads of bat style wings available (Tyranid hive tyrant could be a good one). For feathered wings, the IOB griffon is usually pretty cheap.

I agree the metal zombie dragon and carrion ones are perfect. I can't help but wonder how the plastic zombie dragon ones would look from the new kit, if you could get a hold of them- they look huge, rotten and suitably impressive all around, I would love to see someone try them!

Or just attach fly-style wings.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by faolan View Post
    Or just attach fly-style wings.
    that would be great but I would have no idea on where to start or if I could pull that off