BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 36 of 64 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

I just dribbled.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    Mind meltdown. Energon, what do you think the IH would think of the Taus use of Battlesuits to enhance their physical prowess ?
    I'm thinking they'd want in! Damn those Xenos and their bad boy battlesuits! The Omnissiah should pull his finger out and get on to an imperial version.
    I'm still hoping that the Iron Hands get some sort of bigger than a Terminator, smaller than a dreadnought type character thingy!

It's my birthday on Saturday so I'm going to be ordering me up a big Tau army as a treat. I've got quite a bit already but I painted them when the Tau first came out and they don't really cut the mustard any more and I can't be bothered to strip em.

Sun Shark Bomber......has a pulse bomb generator and interceptor drones which can detach from the sun shark to defend it from attack.

Razorshark Strike Fighter......capable of engaging aircraft or ground targets, quad ion turret that can fire at ground or air. Has hidden seeker missile arrays in the wings above engines.

Riptide - Five support systems - heavy burst cannon or ion accelerator (Charged using the reactor). 2 shielded missile drones. Jet pack. Nova reactor

XV88 Broadside - Twin linked Heavy Rail Rifle or high yield missile pods.

XV8 Battlesuit Commander - experimental armour suit, experimental weapon systems, bonding knif in box, ion blaster / airbursting frag projector.

Pathfinder Team - armed with experimental ion rifle, pulse pistol - 6 types of drone including a grav inhibitor drone and the pulse accelerator drone. recon drone links with devilfish to provide comms relay and fire support.

CAdre fireblade - 3w IC with split fire a marker light and +1 shot to all fire warriors if they stood still.

Darkstrider - comes with a structural analyser to target weak points of enemy armour

Longstrike - wears XV02 battlesuit

Sky Ray - can target land or air targets

Firewarriors - Supporting fire special rule

Prices (UK)

Riptide - £50
    Flyer - £40
    Hammerhead / Skyray £35
    Battleforce £80
    Pathfinders £20
    Broadside £30
    Battlesuits £45
    Cadre Fireblade £12
    Tau Battlesuit Commander £25
    Farsight £30
    Darkstrider £11
    Longstrike £9.50

Battle Report in WD - Tau vs Nids

Speaks about a puretide engram neurochip for HQ suit
    repulser impact fields for crisis suits
    Firewarriors now able to take target lock
    stealth suits with counterfire defence systems
    stealth suits with velocity tracker

seems all ion weapons can be overcharged - interceptor drones boosted ion rifles to strength 8.

There is a mail order set of Farsight Enclave shoulder pads for Fire Warriors.
    Darkstrider is male.
    Kroot are in.
    Farsight is a rebel but still loyal.
    You see the heightened field on top of the bomber wings? You can push them open and see the seeker missiles underneath.
    The missile Broadside is really full of missiles

thats about all at the moment....
    Last edited by Dominic; 03-27-2013 at 10:06 AM.
    http://the-deathwing.blogspot.co.uk/
    Have a look at my Dark Angels blog!

Chapter-Master

Wow, that's a lot of info and pics, thanks Dominic !

One question though, is the battlesuit commander finecast or plastic? I'm assuming finecast but..

Brother-Captain

I just realized, no one's *****ing about how totally unrealistic these models are like they did with the Storm Raven and Dreadknight. It's a good day!

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    I just realized, no one's *****ing about how totally unrealistic these models are like they did with the Storm Raven and Dreadknight. It's a good day!
    They are far and away my favorite models GW have released in a long time, maybe many feel the same and can't find anything to dislike.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master

I've never liked the Imperial vehicle designs so I never felt the need to comment when new ones came out for those. I think this Tau release is the best set of models since the necron release though for me personally

"I'm lucky enough to have my copy of the WD (English version) already in my hands. I've read only a couple of the first pages showcasing the release (literally just got home and sat down) and already I can say that, for example, the Razorshark can swap it's burst cannon for a missile pod, houses two seeker missiles in compartments above it's wings - plus that the main armament is indeed a quad ion weapon with 360 arc."
    http://the-deathwing.blogspot.co.uk/
    Have a look at my Dark Angels blog!

Veteran-Sergeant

Awesome pics and info! Thanks muchly

Gotta say though, the pulse bomb generator does look a little like something a child uses to make bubbles...
    I : IX, I : XIV, II : DCLXVI

Iron Father

Is there anything on troop choices ? I'm really interested to know if anything has been moved into troops. I do appreciate everything you have shown us so far
    Last edited by Deadlift; 03-27-2013 at 11:12 AM.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Page 36 of 64 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast