BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 18 of 64 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    I know, but you are still talking £40 for the Riptide with a discount, and yet a Dreadknight, similar size, £33 before a discount. It is just too big a leap in pricing.
    Dreadknight is slightly smaller, and less bulky, especially in the arms.

On the flier, I am hoping it is armored like the devilfish- 12/11/10. Even the Piranha is AV 11 in the front, so I don't expect an AV 10 craft.
    Last edited by MajorWesJanson; 03-17-2013 at 11:39 AM.

Shas'o

Hell yes!!!!!!
    When you do something right people wont be sure that you've done anything at all.

Im gratefull to GW for not redoing the Crisis suits. Now i dont have to spend what would have bought me a Battleforce a couple of years ago on 3 sodding models. The ones ive got are fine.

TBH i expected the Ubersuit to be that expensive (its still rediculous, go look on any of the Gundam collectible kits websites etc, everything there is cheaper), though is it really worth £17 more than a Dreadknight? Theres no sense in GW pricing right now, even among comparible models.

Ork Killa Kans x3 - £28
    Necron Wraiths x3 - £28
    Chaos Bloodcrushers x3 - £33.50
    Chaos Plaguedrones x3 - £35
    SW Thunderwolves - £33
    Tau Crisis Suits x3 - £45

£10 Clear of anything else comparable for a model thats a decade old. They literally took 3 kits, stuck them in 1 box and added up the individual costs....and as for the Broadsides?

Necron Destroyers x3 (bought seperately but still) - £36
    Tau Broadsides x3 (Comparible model size) - £90!

Im not paying Forgeworld prices for GW plastics. They can tell me theres more options in the box all they like, unless you Magnetize (and lets face it, GW would prefer you just buy seperate models for extra options) youre only ever gonna use 1 loadout.

I also wouldnt be surprised to see the Crisis suit box only come with 1 Weapon sprue (or a remade Weapon sprue for the 3 of them with new options) what with all this 'no bits' ruling coming down.

The Riptide model and flyers will round out my army very well can't wait for more pics!

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Uthiliesh View Post
    True, but this is one big model. It's not as if you will be buying one every month. Think of it as a luxury item
    Heldrake, Maulerfiend, Vengeance, Nephilim, Riptide, Syshark - that's six in four months. Only the Daemons release lacked a model over £25, but the others had two each to make up for it.

You might not buy a Riptide every month, but if you're just a general collector...

To those complaining about prices - dont forget that we're only 3 months away from the next price rise and so my guess is that the prices for the Tau stuff are set at what they would be increased to in June (if there were already out).
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Chapter-Master

People are trotting out the same 'it always goes up no point complaining' stuff, which I have always done myself up until this year. but these are not just the average annual increases, these are giant leaps. Sure the dreadknight will go up soon, but you wouldn't expect anything to go up by more than £5 typically, not £17. This is very much out of the ordinary, last couple of releases have been several orders of magnitude more expensive than anything that came out previously and it is incredibly worrying.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

I haven't seen this mentioned, my apologies if it has, but in the second picture that shows the Riptide and flyer boxes there appears to the right to be the partial borders of 4 other boxes. The top one is off set slightly to the left so it's not the page with the path finders in it, I wonder what these could be? It looks like the bottom left corner of the batteforce box, which leads me to think given its size that there are so far unseen boxes above the riptide picture and below the battlefirce one.

Also to the bottom of the picture showing the pathfinders and broadside is a hint at another unit with what appears to be the word "blade" in the title.
    Last edited by Blusox69; 03-17-2013 at 03:06 PM.

Dont' get too excited, those are just The Hobbit new releases.
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    Wow. SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!
    I am totally down with this new range. I really like how they changed the Broadside's design. The old one was really awkward to transport.

Page 18 of 64 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast