BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

If it is going to be anything similar to the size of a Dreadknight, the size alone should make it either a quite durable vehicle or a monstrous creature.

Concider the price of buying one model you'd expect it to pack some punch for its size. Making it useless and having to field three of them would be stupid and not something GW would do concidering their latest releases.

That stat line AV11 fits more in with the remora drones. (just saying).

And markerlight is obviously going to make a differance against flyers, either ginving skyfire to the squad shooting the marked unit or granting additional +BS bonus per markerlight hit/counter spent to boost hit chance like normal.

Concider the fact that the markerlight itself have to be able to mark the target unit first - technically it is the markerlighters (pathfinders, skyray, markerdrone, sniperdrone controller, shas'ui upgrade etc) that need the skyfire themselves to be able to mark the unit at all to even be able to pass on the markerhits.

They do have two looks of stealthsuits, It could be that they are reworking the old ones to have their own new role with new weapons and such. It's not impossible they split them into two separate units, they are very different looking and their roles could very likely be adapted for new use, new options, new loadout and likely a new plastic kit of 3-5 models. Eliete choise armoured suits without stealthrule perhaps.

Railguns and the new rumored Railcannons are probably different from eachother, size could very well be a big factor here. Broadsides Railguns have always been way smaller than that of the Hammerhead, and rules should reflect that small differerance (apart from the blast option of the big version). The Hammerhead could very well be adopting the new guns from Forgeworld with new rules and a new plastic kit.

Brother-Captain

The rumours surrounding this uber-suit are just...strange.

I mean, it makes the murky line surrounding walkers and monstrous creatures even murkier. I get why the Dreadknight was an MC - it's a really big suit of armour that allows a lone GK to fight a huge daemon one on one. That said I also understand why it 'seems' like a walker to some people. So having Tau suits go from upgrading infantry to bigger infantry (Firewarrior > Battle/Stealthsuit) but then go to walker just seems...off. That and AV 11 all around seems really strange, too.

But I mean, I guess we'll see when we see.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Chapter-Master

If they are AV11 i don't see it getting fielded. Not unless its insanely cheap, which with that much firepower i doubt.

this of course assumes battlesuits and broadsides stay the same.

Compare this to the modern 2+ broadside fine, but if broadsides suddenly become AV10 with 2 HP....
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Battle-Brother

av11, yuk. If this is true, this just made it to the top of everyone's "kill first" list. With every army fielding something that seems happy to ignore cover, or the fact that every army now has more mobility than Eldar, that suit is going to be a 1 shot wonder and only if Tau get first turn. I hope this rumor is false, the stinkmonkey guy puts out lots of trash anyway. Markerlights getting skyfire is good though.
    "Go tell the Spartans, passerby, that here, obedient to their laws, we lie".

Chapter-Master

There's a rumour over on Faeit that says it is a monstrous creature, not a walker. Frankly, given that battlesuits are more like wargear than vehicles, this would honestly make sense.

[url]http://natfka.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/tau-battlesuits.html[/url]

via shaso_iceborn on Warseer
    it's pretty much a Dreadknight sized suit with dual (note not twin linked) rail cannons and SMS with a rule for something I will call "hail-fire" in that it shoots massive barrage of weaponry if not moving in the movement phase.

WS2, BS4, S5, T6, W4, I2, A2, Ld8, Sv2+4++ (corrected stats)
    As usual I pass along only what I hear so take with applicable salt.
    Maybe they are play-testing what version of the unit they think is better, or perhaps they are separate units? Frankly I think it is the former, as the wargear and "hail fire" rule have been consistent across both units. However, it wouldn't be surprising if it is indeed two separate units - I expect the Tau codex to have lots of new units.

In any case, whilst it is dependent on points cost, I like the sound of the monstrous creature. The hail fire rule would also make sense as a monstrous creature can only shoot two weapons - hence if it stands still, it would be able to bring more to bear per its special rule. Walkers always shoot all of their guns, so it standing still to fire more wouldn't really fit as much to me. Plus, despite its terrible combat ability, being a monstrous creature would actually scare off certain potential chargers, and would also make it a threat to any vehicle (even some walkers) that got close enough to charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothmog View Post
    The kits don't need a redesign so much as rework for more dynamic posing. The boxiness can remain but that doesn't mean the stance should be so square.
    I'm hoping for a rework along the lines of the IG Sentinal- more options added in plastic, stlye mostly the same, but additional joints added for posability. A good start for the crisis suits would be posable knees and elbows, and slightly larger ankle joints for more durability.

First-Captain

Got told that Tau are 100% next year today by a staff. He also said to get a Summer job when i said I want to be ready for release. So I dunno if that's a time frame...
    For the Greater good.

Chapter-Master

Tau rumours!

From Faeit 212

I have been seeing a lot of play testing for the tau empire and have seen some new models as well. They look so new and epic it makes me really excited. Now I did my hands on some rules and names for units, If you are to pass these on then PLEASE send it to only reliable rumour sites.

I will start with the new sky ray orbital blast ability. From what I can remember on top of my head is that the sky ray has to forgo his full turn of shooting for a single unlimited range blast that is:

strength X AP 3 (wound on 2+,plasma corrosion, blast)
    plasma corrosion - any enemy model hit under the blast rolls a d6 every turn for the remainder of the game on a roll of 1-3 the unit or model suffers d6 strength 4 AP5 hits. On a roll of 4-5 the unit suffers 2d6 strength 5 AP 4 hits. On a roll of a 6 the unit is hit with 2d6 strength 6 AP 2 hits with the blind special rule. (these are test rules and subject to change)

Tau fire warriors will have the OPTION to upgrade their tau fire warriors to bs 4 (I put option in bold to show it is an option for all those fluffy players)
    I believe the upgrade at the moment is being called 'advance training'

battle suits are getting/got new models but have the same profile as now with the inclusion of an option to make them toughness 5 (cost or name is unknown)

The kroot is getting a HUGE monster that looks like something from fantasy. It has kroot riding it but is under going constant rule changes due to either dying to quickly or for lack of usage. From what I remember seeing it has 5 wounds but only a 5+ save and was over priced IMO.

kroot gain furious charge and move through cover and start with a 6+ save that can be upgraded to 5+ with shaper for an additional 2pts per model (making them 8pts per model) - remember this could change!

finally their is options to make all your battle suits have 2+ saves for 20pts per model - all war gear that is in the current codex has been reduced slightly.

the tau dread knight walker rumours you have read are 100% TRUE - I have seen the concept art/profile and from the top of my memory it is something like this.

WS BS S T W I A LD SV
    4 4 6 8 4 2 4 8 2+/4+

I will not share rules because they were on the next page of document of which I did not see. I did see the points which were : 210pts
    T8 Monstrous creature? Sign me up! The Kroot things sounds a lot like the chaos DP. Good in principle but a bit crap in general
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

I'll believe it when I have the book in my cold, clammy undead hands (yes, I converted to Zombism this weekend. Why wait for the afterlife when you can have it now!'
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

QUOTED

[I]From Faeit 212

I have been seeing a lot of play testing for the tau empire and have seen some new models as well. They look so new and epic it makes me really excited. Now I did my hands on some rules and names for units, If you are to pass these on then PLEASE send it to only reliable rumour sites.

I will start with the new sky ray orbital blast ability. From what I can remember on top of my head is that the sky ray has to forgo his full turn of shooting for a single unlimited range blast that is:

strength X AP 3 (wound on 2+,plasma corrosion, blast)
    plasma corrosion - any enemy model hit under the blast rolls a d6 every turn for the remainder of the game on a roll of 1-3 the unit or model suffers d6 strength 4 AP5 hits. On a roll of 4-5 the unit suffers 2d6 strength 5 AP 4 hits. On a roll of a 6 the unit is hit with 2d6 strength 6 AP 2 hits with the blind special rule. (these are test rules and subject to change)

Tau fire warriors will have the OPTION to upgrade their tau fire warriors to bs 4 (I put option in bold to show it is an option for all those fluffy players)
    I believe the upgrade at the moment is being called 'advance training'

battle suits are getting/got new models but have the same profile as now with the inclusion of an option to make them toughness 5 (cost or name is unknown)

The kroot is getting a HUGE monster that looks like something from fantasy. It has kroot riding it but is under going constant rule changes due to either dying to quickly or for lack of usage. From what I remember seeing it has 5 wounds but only a 5+ save and was over priced IMO.

kroot gain furious charge and move through cover and start with a 6+ save that can be upgraded to 5+ with shaper for an additional 2pts per model (making them 8pts per model) - remember this could change!

finally their is options to make all your battle suits have 2+ saves for 20pts per model - all war gear that is in the current codex has been reduced slightly.

the tau dread knight walker rumours you have read are 100% TRUE - I have seen the concept art/profile and from the top of my memory it is something like this.

WS BS S T W I A LD SV
    4 4 6 8 4 2 4 8 2+/4+

I will not share rules because they were on the next page of document of which I did not see. I did see the points which were : 210pts[/I]
    END QUOTE

First: Unless that Orbital blast thingie is using the big blast template (currently just says blast) it's useless. Big Blast template makes it okay; Make it the Barrage template and then it's awesome and probably OP.

Second: Fire Warriors having an organic BS 4 upgrade? There has to be some serious limitations attached to that one; it's too good otherwise.

Third: Crisis Suit reworked? I been figuring for awhile that the FW models were going to make the jump.

Fourth: The Kroot better be getting better than that. Currently they are utterly worthless, IMHO, and a 6+ armor save isn't going to fix that. I want to see that genetic assimilation fluff thingie realized.

As for the "Tau Dread Knight Walker" thingie - is it a vehicle or a super-heavy suit? I pray a suit; AV 11 would make it a one hit wonder, as in, I wonder whiskey-tango-hotel why GW thinks anyone would take it...

Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast