BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Librarian

Default Extra battlefield "Fortifications" in 6th

I'm not really sure why GW didn't do this themselves, but a simple way of adding more fortifications to your lists would be to simply assign points and size limits to the battlefield debris section, making them purchasable fortifications for your army lists in friendly games.

For example:
    Barricades: bought as a 18" length of barricades, divided into three 6" sections which may be deployed separately. Confers a 4+ cover save. each section up to 6" may be targeted separately, counts as an armour 9 vehicle with 2 hull points and is destroyed on a penetrating hit. 40 points.
    I'll compile all the final consensus in this post (when I'm not on my phone)

So post up your favourite "Battlefield Debris" from the rulebook, its limits/rules (size, length, anything relevant), options, and points.

Feel free to modify anyone else's posts, (if you disagree with the points cost etc) including and especially mine

And I'll compile over time.

TSINI
    Conscription in the Lucky 88th
    http://lucky88th.blogspot.com

This doesn't really count as a favorite fortification, but what about wrecked (zero hull points) vehicles, and craters? A dead vehicle confers a 5+ cover save, but is both difficult and dangerous terrain (which strikes me as serious overkill and utterly defeating the purpose of giving it a cover save value in the first place) but can still be used as 'cover' to interrupt LOS, esp with small units.