BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: 3 battles

Default 3 battles

Heyya folks,

I've got a digital project which involves Space Marines, Orks, and most likely Tyranids. I may be considered really new at this and there's so much awesome backstory to go along with this universe...

Let me ask the experts.. What are three major battles that involve these three races at one time? The races may not have to actually fight, but be involved somehow.

Any help and breadcrumbs to follow up on would be such a great help.

Thanks in advance!! You guys rock!

I wouldnt say there are many "three way" battles between them in the fluff... plenty of examples of any two of them, but not really any that I know with all three.

Thanks for the reply! Perhaps maybe 2 different 2-way matchings at separate times on the same soil?

The largest Tyranid-Ork battles are in the Octarius sector or something... I think thats near Ultramar. Is it Space Marines, or Ultramarines specifically?

That would be Tigirus diverting the Hive Fleet (forget which once) into Ork territory to save Ultramar. Pretty sure it's in the SM codex.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Suttobs View Post
    That would be Tigirus diverting the Hive Fleet (forget which once) into Ork territory to save Ultramar. Pretty sure it's in the SM codex.
    PAH! Not tigrius, Inquisitor Kryptman, Its kryptman's gamble. If you want Tyranid background ignore the trollop in this editions codex, It contradicts itself all over the place and is generally BAD! the 4th ed codex however is fantastic.

Chapter-Master

even DOWII has some marine VS orks VS nid battles.

as for in the tabletop game what would work nicley with new fortification rules is to have

army a (orks or marines) with a fortress, defences and the like.

army b is on the other side of the table attacking them

army C( slightly smaller for balance) deploys only by deep strike (marine drop pods/teleports. nid spores or even ork teleports)
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Chapter-Master

Think you'll also find that the Eldar helped the Nids get to the Octavius system, by depopulating several worlds along the fleets path to regroup it.

The Octavius fluff is in the Planetstrike book if you're interested
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/