BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

That paint job is pretty bad, it's about what I expect from the guys who've just started painting in the last 6 months.

On the other hand, the minis are pretty nice.

Veteran-Sergeant

uhh i think your standards are rather high dude. i've been painting for well over 3 years and i'm just starting to do well on some of my minaitures(the ones i care about any way) most people can't do that excessively awesome painting you see from time to time. and far as my eye is concerned they look fine.

Ok, lemme amend myself..

The paint job, FOR A SALES PICTURE, is pretty bad.

It's not a crap paint job, but when you're using the photo to sell the model, you need a top notch paint job on it, otherwise it's going to detract from the mini.

Remember, for example, when the plastic Beastman wave came out a bit ago? A lot of people thought the kits were completely horrible from the pictures. Turns out the minis weren't that bad, but it was the crap painting they were using to show them off that made them terrible.

And I'm not taking a dig at your painting, even indirectly or accidentally mate. You could, in a short time, surpass what's done there, you just need the right tools and someone to show you some of the cool little tricks to them.

Veteran-Sergeant

oh i see. yea it kinda sounded like you expect everyone to be a top notch painter after a year.. sorry dude.
    as for my own paintings. eh. i don't have any of the painting books or even the cash to get a full set of brushes currently. so i'm limping along as best i can and trying to figure out some stuff on my own. the internet does have hints and tips but... i guess i just don't understand them yet.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Skeith154 View Post
    oh i see. yea it kinda sounded like you expect everyone to be a top notch painter after a year.. sorry dude.
    you obviously havnt been to the cmon fourms.

day1: terrible
    a day later: better than me.
    a week later: gd standard.

HOW

(well on the otherhand there is reddit/warhammer which is filled with nonsence. *sigh* im getting yelled at over their for saying that no proxing vulkan with a standard techmarine is wrong :/)
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

I think the models are fantastic, the only thing I can fault is that the hindquarters are a little bare. Too much detail would detract from the model ect ect, but just something to break up the fur would be nice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12