BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thanks for the comments. Yeesh this is taking a long time, non metallic steel is hard to do on large panels. Finally got the walls almost finished. Just need to stipple/sponge on some frost and ice and then I can move on to the tyranids.

oooh i really like it.

one point that turns me a bit off tho... there is one of those flying nids that crashed on the top floor, it seems a bit off

Quote Originally Posted by olberon View Post
    one point that turns me a bit off tho... there is one of those flying nids that crashed on the top floor, it seems a bit off
    It's perhaps because the wings are 'billowed' as if catching air for their main purpose as a model instead of stretched and limp as the Gargoyles carcass drags the membranes down.

But it's awesome work and the metal looks well worth the effort.

It's purpose is to help hide the way that the back panel lifts off. I'm also intending to add in a few 'action' guardsmen later on that can be doing specific actions on their own bases. In this case, administering a kill shot to the back of the gargoyle's head.

Small scale weathering test before I get through all the walls. New dry compund paints are interesting.

Chapter-Master

wow the weathering on those is fantastic!
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Starting to get there now.

Weathering on the walls is done and the tyranids are under way. Need a few extra highlights on the blue but otherwise there. Thinking bone coloured carapace to keep with the ice world theme.

Late summer heatwave does give better light for photos:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03732.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	132.3 KB 
ID:	2720  

Chapter-Master

Did this ever get finished? I really wanna see the bone coloured carapace you were talking about!
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

No sorry, got bumped for other projects and has been stranded at the bottom of a cupboard (my IG are somewhat on hold now until we get the new codex), I am intending to go back to it though when I get my last khorne models done, be finished before Christmas.

Chaplain

Nice work so far. The bone on the blue would look cool. Charlie

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast