BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abby and Tally

Default Abby and Tally

So I have a Chaos/Daemon list I am working on. In it I have Aboddon and Epidemus. The question is, do the wounds that Abby make go toward the tally for nurgle? He does have the benefits from all 4 parts of chaos but doesn't spell it out in print if he is considered a follower of nurgle.

"...and now bears a unique Mark that combines all of the gifts" Does this mean he just has the gifts and that's it? The page goes on adding how the power of tzeench effects his inv but doesn't clear up any of the other marks.

What do you think?

Brother-Captain

He doesn't have a literal Mark of Nurgle, but he does have a quasi-MoT, and the benefits of MoN (+1 T). Plus, the fluff is that he's definitely "blessed" with Nurgle's power. So I'd say yes, but you could probably argue it either way. Hopefully the new dex clears it up.

Brother-Captain

He doesn't technically have the Mark of Nurgle, but they should have a new codex soon, so we'll see what they decide when it happens.

Chapter-Master

As stated, new codex soon

But in the mean time i'd say Abby doesn't have a physical Mark of Nurgle (although he has the "blessing" of all 4) so he doesn't count
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

So until the new codex drops, what makes you say that he doesn't get the "Mark"?

Page 46 Chaos codex--- "Over the millenia Abaddon has melded the Marks of Chaos". Doesn't that mean that they are all combined together and just called "Mark of Ascendant" rather than list them all? That makes more sence than saying he doesn't have them and only gets the buffs from each of them.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nightspawn View Post
    So until the new codex drops, what makes you say that he doesn't get the "Mark"?

Page 46 Chaos codex--- "Over the millenia Abaddon has melded the Marks of Chaos". Doesn't that mean that they are all combined together and just called "Mark of Ascendant" rather than list them all? That makes more sence than saying he doesn't have them and only gets the buffs from each of them.
    I'm inclined to say Abaddon doesn't get the benefits of the Tally.
    The Tally specifically states units with the Mark of Nurgle.
    Abaddon has the Mark of Chaos Ascendant.
    Whilst Abby's mark combines the effects of other marks, he is not actually listed as having the Mark of Nurgle.
    At the same time though, it would make sense for him to benefit from the Tally as he is technically marked by Nurgle.

Brother-Captain

Keep in mind that a model doesn't need to have a Mark of Nurgle to benefit from Epidemius. It must be a "follower of Nurgle". For example, Plaguebearers don't have a MoN but they are followers of Nurgle so they benefit. If the rule required a model to have a Mark of Nurgle, I'd say Abbadon isn't included, but because it requires that he is a more generic "follower of Nurgle" I'd say it does work.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Lerra View Post
    Keep in mind that a model doesn't need to have a Mark of Nurgle to benefit from Epidemius. It must be a "follower of Nurgle". For example, Plaguebearers don't have a MoN but they are followers of Nurgle so they benefit. If the rule required a model to have a Mark of Nurgle, I'd say Abbadon isn't included, but because it requires that he is a more generic "follower of Nurgle" I'd say it does work.
    No, it says: 'followers of Nurgle (i.e. any Daemon of Nurgle, or model with the Mark of Nurgle'. Abaddon has a 'Mark of Chaos Ascendant', which sadly isn't a 'Mark of Nurgle'.

Chaplain

Even though the Fluff makes sense, always use what the rules state. Otherwise, this game would get wonky real fast.

Abbadon is not affected by Epi right now.. we shall see in new book though. Maybe he gets all four marks instead of a combined mark...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    No, it says: 'followers of Nurgle (i.e. any Daemon of Nurgle, or model with the Mark of Nurgle'. Abaddon has a 'Mark of Chaos Ascendant', which sadly isn't a 'Mark of Nurgle'.
    This. Abaddon doesn't have the Mark of Nurgle in his wargear/special rules, ergo he is not affected even though the fluff and nature of his own Mark would make it seem he should be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast