BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Default Can Destructor( Psychic Shooting Attack/Witchfire) be used in Overwatch?

Eldar codex (4th edition era, copyright 2006), Eldar 6th FAQ v1, and 6th edition main rulebook.
    The main rulebook states that Witchfire powers are used as Assault weapons in the shooting phase (but uses no language stating they may only ever be used in the shooting phase). The main rulebook states that Witchfire Powers are also known as Psychic Shooting Attacks. The main rulebook states that psykers regain Warp Charge at the start of every turn, and that unless specified, every turn means the player turn, not the game turn. The Eldar FAQ for 6th edition, v1, declares that Warlocks are Mastery Level 0 (zero), and thus do not have Warp Charge (rendering any Warp Charge argument moot). Likewise, the codex states that their powers are always on and do not require a Psychic Test (rendering any Psychic Test argument moot). Further, the FAQ enumerates which Eldar psychic powers (including Warlock powers) are psychic shooting attacks (a carryover from the 5th edition Eldar FAQ). One of these listed is Destructor. Thus, Destructor may be considered a Witchfire power. The Overwatch rules allow the use of a Snapfire shooting attack, though Snapfire bans Blast and Template Weapons, but the Wall of Death rule allows the use of Template weapons, but only in Overwatch. Destructor uses a Template.
    Answer 1: Destructor may be used in Overwatch.
    Answer 2: Destructor may not be used in Overwatch, because there is nothing specifically stating that Witchfire may be used at any time other than the shooting phase (despite the lack of language allowing other weapons to shoot out-of-phase, spare the Overwatch rule). This applies a stricter standard of scrutiny to Destructor than to other shooting attacks because it is a psychic shooting attack.
    Last edited by ToneYmeLoc; 08-13-2012 at 11:11 AM. Reason: added caryover note; re-ordered citations (as there are so many, it is a lot to parse)

Default Do Psychic Powers not requiring Psychic Tests grant a Deny the Witch Save?

Eldar Codex, Eldar FAQ, Basic Rulebook
    Warlocks can take Destructor (Eldar Codex). Destructor is FAQ'd as a Psychic Shooting Attack (Eldar FAQ). Destructor is FAQ'd to, like all Warlock powers, not require a Psychic Test (Eldar FAQ). Psychic Shooting Attacks are considered Withfire (BRB). Deny the Witch sequence specifies that the save is taken after the Psychic Test is passed (BRB).
    Answer 1. No save, as there is no Psychic Test (rules as written).
    Answer 2. Targets of Destructor get to Deny the Witch, as the test is presumed to automatically pass (not written, so rules as intended).

6th edition main rulebook
    The rulebook states that 1) Beasts are not slowed by difficult terrain from the unit types page. 2) From the summary in the back difficult terrain has No effect on beasts. Do they fight at initiative or are they reduced to initiative 1 when charging through combat.
    Answer 1) They fight in initiative order
    Answer 2) They are reduced to initiative 1

Default Main Rulebook

Main Rulebook
    Create a clear set of rules for Assault Phase. Specifically, address issues with Initiative modifying close combat weapons and pile in moves, should close combat attacks take place after I10-I1 pile in moves or at each initiative step? Also, clarify between Fight, Assault, and Attack. All 3 of these words are used in the current rule book interchangeably and without clarification of what means what when.

A1. Pile's are done at modified initiatives. Pile ins are done I10-I1, then attacks are done I10-I1.
    A2. Pile's are done at unmodified initiatives. Pile ins are done I10-I1, then attacks are done I10-I1.
    A3. Pile's are done at modified initiatives. Pile ins and attacks are done I10-I1 but together.
    A4. Pile's are done at unmodified initiatives. Pile ins and attacks are done I10-I1 but together.

Veteran-Sergeant

Rule Book

If a unit is occupying a ruin and is fully under a partial floor can it be the target of a sweep attack by a chariot skimmer moving overhead?

Yes by RAW

Can a chariot skimmer perform a sweep attack on a unit that it passes over but cannot see at any stage due to intervening terrain (such as a multistory ruin)?

Yes by RAW

If a chariot skimmer does not start or end its move on terrain and it performs a sweep attack on a unit on a lower level of a multistory ruin does it need to take a dangerous terrain test?

No

BRB and Codex Necrons

Destroyer Lord with Mind Shackle Scarabs is attached to a unit of Canoptek Wraiths with Whip Coils.
    This unit is locked in combat with an enemy unit and the Destroyer Lord is an a Challenge with an enemy character.

If another enemy character joins the same combat and attempts Glorious Intervention, but is in base contact with a Wraith with whip coils, is the initiative test only passed on a D6 roll of a 1 to perform Glorious Intervention?

A1 Yes, the Wraith causes the modifier so Glorious Intervention can only happen on the roll of a 1

A2 No, the character tests on their base initiative and is not affected by the Whip Coils

Default Codex Imperial Guard: Mogul Kamir

How does Mogul Kamir's Cyber Steed (+D3 attacks on the charge instead of +1) interact with Vicious Temperment (subject to Rage +2 attacks for charging)?

a)He gets only +D3 attacks for Cyber Steed
    b)He gets only +2 attacks for rage
    c)He gets d3 +2 attacks for rage+cyber steed

Default Tyranid Codex - Spore Mines

Tyranid Codex - Spore Mines

pg. 48 - specifies that each Spore Mine acts as a unit. When a Spore Mine explodes does it give a Victory Point the the opponent?

A1) Yes, the entry specifies it is a unit thus granting a Victory Point for each Spore mine that explodes.
    A2) No, the Spore Mine is ammunition that just happens to float around the board.

Codex Grey Knights - Brotherhood of Psykers

Brotherhood of Psykers counts as a single psyker for the purposes of psychic tests, and in any effects that affect psykers. Now, if we have a 'hostile' effect (like perils of the warp) or an attack that is causing multiple wounds on a psyker, how is this resolved in the squad, since the leader of the team (justicar / Knight of the Flame) is sopposed to be the target as long as he is alive.

So, if at the time the wounds were caused the leader was alive, does all the wounds be resolved against it, potentially leading in situation where leftover wounds are discarded after the leader has died?

A1) Yes, since it was the only psyker in the squad while these wounds were caused, only he is used to determine the results
    A2) No, after the initial leader dies, you instantly choose next model in the squad to be 'the one psyker', and continue resolving the wounds against him

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast