BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

The only problems I've seen with Androids is when someone has a substandard device, I've been using the Droid line of phones and they've always worked great.

The widgets are a lot like easy shortcuts to app features, like the wi-fi widget you can add to just turn wi-fi on/off with one tap from your home screen.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    Are these widgets that different than opening up an app? I honestly don't know, as I went straight from Blackberry to iPhone; I've never owned a Droid, I've only fooled around with others'.

What bluetooth headphones are you using? I'd love to get a pair, but I need them to survive the sweaty mess that becomes my ears when I work out. The people at Best Buy are less than usefull unless you want a pair of Beats by Dre (which are admittedly pretty nice, if not a bit too expensive).
    I re-arranged my tablet homescreen (one of 5 of them) to show some widgets. I've also touched up the screenshot a bit to not give away personal information :P Basically they're a way to see content "at a glance" and each one is scrollable and "clickable" to dive into the app itself if you want to interact more with the content. Widgets vary hugely in both looks and function. Other widgets are "control bars" that have toggles for things such as Wifi, brightness, GPS, bluetooth, airplane mode, 3G/4G toggle etc. I have a widget that basically is an on/off toggle for my VPN, and another widget that does nothing but provide a window into my Google Drive root directory.

As for the headphones, I have the S10-HD I think they're called from Motorola. They're specifically designed as "sweat resistant" because I have the exact same problem.

AND JUST TO bring it back around to gaming related topics:
    Last edited by Defenestratus; 08-09-2012 at 02:38 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123