BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Fly Lord

Default Black Library Author Expo - Alberta CA

The Black Library Expo is coming to Alberta

NYT Bestselling authors of Warhammer and Warhammer 40k fiction

to attend Expo in Chesteremere

Fans of the Ultramarines, the Chaos Gods, Skaven hordes or the Imperial Guard should prepare to head to Alberta this Thanksgiving to attend the Black Library Expo.

The Black Library, the publishing wing of miniature wargaming company Games Workshop, are hosting their first Canadian Expo right here in Chestermere. They are bringing eight of their top writers to meet with fans, discuss their books and engage with the gaming community.

NYT Bestselling author Graham McNeill says: "The few times I've been over to Canada I’ve had the warmest of welcomes and met the most enthusiastic, passionate and loyal fans. It's great to know that the readers in Alberta are looking forward to the Expo as much as we are."

Tickets are already selling fast, but many fans have been surprised to learn that the event is being hosted by a public library in the Town of Chestermere, Alberta. Although Chestermere only has a population of 15,000 it is establishing itself as a great community to live, work and visit.

Gemma Noon, the Library Director, is the driving force behind the event. “Imagine getting the chance to host an event with your favourite authors right in the town where you work – it is definitely the highlight of my career to date! Everyone here, from Mayor Matthews down to the front line library staff, can’t wait to welcome the Black Library authors and staff to our small town. This is going to be fantastic!”

Even the Black Library writers are themselves excited about the event. Author Nick Kyme says: “Ever since I visited my family there as a kid, I have loved Canada and it’s friendly people. I cannot wait to return, especially to Alberta for the Expo. There’s something pretty awe-inspiring about the rugged vistas, the soaring mountains, the fantastic wildlife. I am thoroughly looking forward to it – what an inspiration!”

The Expo will be held on Saturday, 6th and Sunday 7th October in Chestermere, Alberta. Tickets cost $20 and are on sale through this website or direct from Chestermere Public Library. Entry to the event is strictly limited to 500 attendees each day and entry will be by ticket only. Please make sure you get your ticket as soon as possible to avoid disappointment, tickets are selling fast and you will not be able to turn up and pay for your entry on the day.

If you want to make a real holiday out of your trip, [url]www.GeekNationTours.com[/url] is running a Black Library Expo & Canadian Rockies Tour to showcase all this great region has to offer. There are even a few exclusives for people on the tour, so be sure to check it out!

###

For more information, or to set up an interview, please contact Gemma Noon at [email][email protected][/email] or call on 403 272 9025
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

An 8 hour drive away. Temptingly close...

Chestermere? really?

A suburb of Calgary, where there really isn't nothing to speak of? I mean it's a nice place and all to visit.. but holding an expo there? Really?

Why not in Calgary? I mean, it's right there. And it's something I'd go to and make a day of, because I have friends and family there.

Yah it is going to be great...

We are also doing a tour of the area... Check it out at: [url]http://www.geeknationtours.com/index.php?pageid=31&tourid=27[/url]

Teras
    Geek Nation Tours

Just ordered my ticket; I'm going!