BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

I think that if you place all those guardsmen on the base it´ll be much more like an diorama than an gaming piece( you can decide is it an good or an bad thing). Also, why not paint them either an silvery metal or an brownish/orangeish metal?

Librarian

Here's some update shots of the whole thing as it's currently painted:

Unfortunately, some things we ordered showed up, so it may be a little while before the Hierophant is finished:

Librarian

And for some fun, here's the Hierophant duking it out with my new toy that showed up today:

Librarian

Stick with the 'phant... I love logs like this and would like to see you take it to completion. Looking good so far.

Oh and great choice of superheavy, my personal favorite! Hopefully you didn't have the nightmare I had trying to unbend the resin top plate to get it to fit into the tank... it was practically C shaped when it arrived!
    Cats and Dogs are better than kids because they eat less, don't ask for money and if they get pregnant you can sell their children.

Librarian

As of next monday I will have finished uni, so hopefully a lot more will get done on the 'phant.

As for the Stormblade, I've always wanted one. I just love plasma weapons, and all my marines have them whenever possible. The actual top plat was only slightly misshapen, enough that I could put it on the chasis, then hair dry it flat.

Brother-Sergeant

Love the stormblade But on a other note: if that is what i think it is, where do you need 7 tyranid battleforces!And i wish youd keep with the Hierophant.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by icecube View Post
    Love the stormblade But on a other note: if that is what i think it is, where do you need 7 tyranid battleforces!And i wish youd keep with the Hierophant.
    All the Tyranid stuff is not actually mine :P

We basically took advantage of the dead pound to get then for $70AUD each (As opposed to $150AUD from GW)

We're doing some more work in the morning, so hopefully we can get the Hierophant done in a couple of weeks.

Oh woe is England! Our economy is in the toilet!
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Aldramelech View Post
    Oh woe is England! Our economy is in the toilet!
    And on behalf of Australia, we thank you

Don't worry too much, the US isn't far behind. Copies of Rogue Trader are around $100 here, or $45 if you get it off amazon.

Ugh Gir that is depressingly amazing work. Mind if i ask how long you've painted/modded?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast