BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    Same here, exceed my expectations. The chaos stuff actually looks like the artwork for the first time ever.

Way to make me feel like an inadequate sculptor, Games Workshop.
    Yeah, all of these have a level of bling and mutation outshining even the most converted of my Chaos Lords ;o; First chaos marine models I want to just buy and paint just as they are out of the box, no conversions I can think of to really step those up.

Maybe that's why they're all Chosen and Lords - if they passed these guys off as standard Chaos Marines, who'd buy the current plastic box? :P

I'm buying the hell out of these, might relegate my current chaos marines to being mercenary allies to a force built around these chaps.

Edit: Must... not... start Deathwing army. ;o;

Battle-Brother

Really nice looking chaos marines! The DA minis looked rather standard.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer View Post
    Yeah, all of these have a level of bling and mutation outshining even the most converted of my Chaos Lords ;o; First chaos marine models I want to just buy and paint just as they are out of the box, no conversions I can think of to really step those up.

Maybe that's why they're all Chosen and Lords - if they passed these guys off as standard Chaos Marines, who'd buy the current plastic box? :P

I'm buying the hell out of these, might relegate my current chaos marines to being mercenary allies to a force built around these chaps.

Edit: Must... not... start Deathwing army. ;o;
    Yeah, I've never been keen on any of the current plastic chaos infantry kits - and every time a normal marine army got updated, it made them look more and more dated. Never felt the chaos marine imagery was truly done justice in miniature form.....well until now. I feel like I need to work even harder on my sculpting now

Also another massive thanks to Kijamon for taking and putting up these pics!
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Quote Originally Posted by Bracchus View Post
    Really nice looking chaos marines! The DA minis looked rather standard.
    :P I think that's just the effect of seeing them next to the damn-near revamped Chaos Marines. The Dark Angels, especially the Death/Ravenwings, have sharper, sleeker detail than the normal minis (compare the wings on the prow of the bikes to the standard Ravenwing kit, for instance. Less chunky, moar awesome).

Librarian

Did anyone see this??

Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar“s Gauntlets

Chapter-Master

"Sadly no, no mention of any new codices. However, they are only showing partially what they are releasing each month so the codexes might not be far behind."

ah well..no biggie!

"The starter set will contain:
    1 Dark Angels Company Master 1 Dark Angels Librarian 5 Deathwing Terminators 10 Dark Angel Tactical Marines 3 Ravenwing Bikes 1 Interrogator-Chaplain(only white supplies last of Dark Vengeance Box Set)
    1 Chaos Lord 6 Chosen 1 Helbrute 20 Chaos Cultists
    48p How To Play Booklet 1 Reference Sheet 168p Rulebook 1 Flamer Template 1 Small Blast Marker 1 Large Blast Marker 1 Dice Pack 2 Range Rulers
    It will cost 65 pounds and be available 1 september."

Those worrying it wouldnt include a mini-rulebook can relax (allthough id of thought it went without saying?), I'm guessing the 48p how to play booklet has the rules and stats for the DA and chaos miniatures included. I wonder if there will be any fluff on the battle it's centred around tghough?

"The Interrogator Chaplain is a strictly limited edition model exclusive to the Dark Vengeance Boxed game. However, this miniature will only be included while stocks last, so be sure not to miss out!"

so it sounds like there arent multiple version sof the starter set, just that a limited amount have the chaplain? guess it's a way to get people to buy it ASAP. It'll work on me at least.
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chapter-Master

Oh, my, god!
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chaplain

I spy the Hellbrute being WS 4 BS 4... should be interesting!

Iron Father

Hellbrute, looks great. Despite what some rumours saying "its not" a dreadnought. Sure as hell looks like one to me. But not disappointed by that at all.

DA are in danger of looking a bit too much like BA in some areas, with all those wing motifs.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast