BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

I am a "veteran" gamer, and I pretty much always pick up the set, mainly for the little rulebook and the models though... Cheap Terminators, Dreadnought and Tatical Squad from Assault of Black Reach was very welcome!
    [I][I] =][= "Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse” =][=

Quote Originally Posted by Dalleron View Post
    +1 to what Widleybeast said.

I wonder, though, how many of the starter sets are sold to "beginners", as opposed to vets who have an army with useable contents in the set, or are willing to shell out the money for the little rulebook.

Just wondering
    Anecdotal those this might be, but during my 12 months with GW, I don't think I sold a single starter box to someone already involved in the game outside of the initial launch months. To be honest, I think most established gamers pick up the bits they want from Ebay, rather than shell out multiple times for the full set.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

starter sets are not about giving people a legal army, they are about getting new players interested in the game and teaching them the rules, and exciting, diverse models are the way to do that.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    starter sets are not about giving people a legal army, they are about getting new players interested in the game and teaching them the rules, and exciting, diverse models are the way to do that.
    I agree entirely, and they do that really well. And once you've learned how the games works from that, you can go and buy all the extra stuff you need to make a fully functioning army!
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    If I would let two starting players [never played w40k new to table top gaming] play with the box , then both would start playing DAs. box is unbalanced as hell .

I agree entirely, and they do that really well. And once you've learned how the games works from that, you can go and buy all the extra stuff you need to make a fully functioning army!
    only if your a chaos player you wont be using many of those models unlike you realy realy want to use cultists. the lord and the sorc have bad weapons , the chosen are both a suck units and the weapons they have are bad to make asp champions[or lords]. the dread is bad [not as bad as in the gav dex , but in the gav dex there was only 1 other option for hth walker , in the new one there are 3 , 4 if one counts maulers] .
    Last edited by the jeske; 08-12-2012 at 09:39 AM.

Chapter-Master

I'm going to put this in here, under Starterbox as thats what everyone thinks it is going to be.

Via Faeit 212

via an Anonymous Source (waiting on an OK for source's name)
    A guy on the Apoc40k Facebook group just posted a link to a youtube vid that was 38 seconds of new DA art with the date 8-25-12 at the end. He was able to watch it once, but then someone locked the video out. My guess is that it's Friday's teaser video for the GW blog page
    Is it just me that hopes we get the starter box on that date, and this is just advertising the one side of it, with the other to come and not the DA codex?

Assuming this is true :P. Guess we might find out on Friday
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

DUN DUN DUN.

Either way, I'm game.
    Added to OP.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

I mean it could be the DA codex, not the starter box, but i'm hopeful it'll be the box set. I want to be able to stop carrying the Hulk round with me
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

True dat.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Fly Lord

A Dark Angel could easily be an early ramp-up teaser for the Boxed Set. (with a CSM teaser video to follow for example)

You got two schools of thought on this:

a) Boxed set first, then the constituent armies after (followed by CSM, DA)
    b) Constituent armies first (CSM, DA) followed by the Boxed set.

All the reliable sources are saying (a).

Also, last month's White Dwarf teaser page showed a Marine fighting a Chaos Marine - not so subtle hint there.

The bigger news from here is the date of 8-25-2012. Its a saturday exactly two weeks before the previous rumored release date of September 8th. So that means that whatever the product is, we get advanced orders on Aug25, and it hits retail on Sept08.
    Last edited by Bigred; 08-15-2012 at 10:26 AM.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast