BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Wow, just wow. Now I'm going to buy two sets.
    Dark Eldar 4000pts, Eldar 2000pts, Dark Angels 2500pts, Tau 2000pts.

Banned

The problem with the starter sets is that, no matter how great the models are, when one out of every two Dark Angels/Chaos Space Marines players has them, they lose almost any appeal.

At least they did not make any models as horrible as the Space Marine Captain from the 5th Edition set. He was horrible and it seemed that he determined to stay that way no matter how much conversion time people put into him.

Edit:
    Scratch that about nothing being so awful - I just made the mistake of zooming in on the cultist champion. Woof.
    Last edited by Rapture; 08-17-2012 at 04:10 PM.

Librarian

OMG old school chaos

they look like the old space crusade dudes (with the horns and masks the same OMG OMG so excited!!!!

cultists look amazing too, they should look necromunda like, thats the stiock they are drawn from.

Chaplain

With every new Starter-Box the Models look more awesome - here the choosen are my favorite.

I wonder how the models of the starter of the 10th editon will look like
    Peace through superior Firepower!

Seen some of the other pics as well... OMFG! These are beautiful, the Chaos stuff is just fantastic!

Chaplain

Well, looks like GW eats all my money yet again lol

I thought they were called eye pokers as children are known to poke other kids eyes out with them.

Shas'o

I can't wait till it comes out! These will be the only minis I've bought in a year and half.

Thank the plastic Gods!
    When you do something right people wont be sure that you've done anything at all.

Default My take on Dark Angels models in new set...

Well; I am of mixed feelings with the new models, though I'll get that set as soon as it is available.
    Here are my humble thoughts of the models (this might change seeing models first hand), Dark Angels only because I have no need for Chaos models:

Company Master
    Well I am a bit worried he has sleeves, and that overall wizard-like robes makes me dislike the model seriously. Wings on the helmet look really weird, like its a sticker or a drawing on flat plates. Pose is great though, an echo of Ezekiel; which again is sort of a minus because Ezekiel should stay unique as it was.
    Rating 2/5

Librarian
    Great dynamic pose, that begs for a jump-pack. Again, I dislike that wizard robe elements of the robes which were always plain monastic and that adds more to the dark hermetic theme we have (or had). I also don't like tabards on our models, since it is a signature look for the Black Templars; please GW lets stay on robes for the Unforgiven.
    Rating 4/5

Interrogator-Chaplain
    Awesome model, but I will for sure remove that ugly fantasy-like smoke from the censers, or probably remove the whole thing since it doesn't seem it can be removed without affecting the censer details. What I really hate about this model it's that is limited edition, since we don't know what are the terms of its limit. I remember that beautiful limited edition Company Master was limited to Dark Angels Battleforce for USA market, and that sucked for the rest of us; nowadays that single model runs on Ebay for 70+ GBP. Having said that, it doesn't affect my rating of that model, at all. I love it!
    Rating 5/5

Deathwing Terminator Squad
    First of all; THOSE SILLY WINGS HAVE TO GO! That Sergeant looks like a Easter bunny! Thank God it is plastic, so I'll shave it of without problems. Other than that, models are good; even the Assault Cannon model though he looks like a pouting crybaby. I don't like that two out of five of the models are identical, it is obvious no matter how GW tried to hide it by turning one to the side; they are the same (on the picture models left of the Chain Fist model). Good amount of feathers, Dark Angels details, and most importantly ritual swords is what boosts their value to me.
    Rating 3/5

Ravenwing Bike Squadron
    I really like them, great models. They will be my first Ravenwing models (yes, I don't have any Ravenwing models yet, no matter I have over 5K pts of Dark Angels) One more important thing for me is that they don't challenge old Ravenwing bikers, so RW players won't feel bad with models they already have.
    Rating 5/5

Dark Angels Tactical Squad
    Well, I really hate that Sergeant because he has a tabard; again we are not Black Templars (though I see this as GW wanting to sell some of Dark Angels stuff to both Unforgiven and Black Templar players). GW please sort Your notes; Dark Angels = monastic robes / Black Templars = knightly tabards! Strong Plasma presence shows that GW still keeps enforcing that theme on us; though personally I never fielded Plasmagun or Plasma Cannon with my Tactical Squad. So about the models; well, Plasma Cannon one is a good model, but the rest of the models are not very diverse. There are only 4 different models, aside from Sergeant and Plasma Cannon marine; even the Plasmagun model has it's clone in the squad, just wielding a Boltgun instead. AoBR set Tactical Squad had more different models, however they might be static, these for this new set are not that much dynamic either.I am really not impressed, and even Dark Angels shoulder markings cannot get them better standing; for me this squad is the worst element of the box. Having already 6 full Tactical Squads with all the options, and now being offered with these poor models trying to be stamped as Dark Angels just because they have a Plasma squad loadout doesn't work for me; at all. I have no real place for them, and even less desire for them and will probably trade them together with Chaos models from the box; though I will keep the Plasma Cannon model, and will see if I can convert Sergeant tabard into robes.
    Rating 1/5

TOTAL RATING (Dark Angels models): 3/5

PS: Small Rulebook is always useful, so it is a great bonus for the purchase of the set.
    Last edited by Uhr; 08-17-2012 at 06:38 PM.

Pictures have already been posted.
    Last edited by Tzeentch's Dark Agent; 08-17-2012 at 07:10 PM.

Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast