BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    First-Captain

I really hope their are some Native American nods in their some where.

Funny that, it's almost like all we have is a half dozen tiny pictures or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Uthiliesh View Post
    You've said this four times lol
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Plus, who can deny the sheer awesomeness of the Firstborn? The Lions of Caliban?

Remember, this aesthetic will also work for all of their successors too, probably some Blood Angel successors too.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

Given what those models look like, I have high hopes for the impending Chaos release. If the Cult units are relegated to being upgrade packs, I won't really care so long as the stock Chaos Space Marine models are of a similar quality to the ones in the starter set.

EDIT: Meant Cult units like Thousand Sons/Plague Marines in the original post, not actual Cultists lol.
    Last edited by Learn2Eel; 08-17-2012 at 03:58 AM.

Chaplain

I had convinced myself that I wasn't going to buy this starter set, as I don't play Chaos and have never really liked Dark Angels. I can't explain why I don't like them, I have just never got excited about their aestehetic.

It would have been the first time ever that i didn't buy the boxed set, but that was a good thing as I already have waaaay too many unpainted figures and can't afford to start another army.

However having seen these pics I am now convinced that this will be the most impressive boxed edition GW have produced to date, and I must have it!!!

I would say that GW have taken the lessons learned from Space Hulk and Dread Fleet and applied that to this box, as the quality of the sculpts far exceeds any previous editions.

And the fact that I don't play Blood Angels didn't stop me buying Space Hulk, so I reckon it won't stop me buying this box either.

I do agree though that the Cultists look more Traitor Guard than Cultist, but we have only seen one and there are 20 in the box so we might get a nice surprise.

For me though the Cultists are perfect, as I have always wanted to do a Slaaneshi Traitor army, and these guys look awesome for that.

And as for the Chaos stuff, well it looks amazing. maybe I could get some daemonettes and ally up with the boxed contents.

Anybody wanna swap some dark Angels?

I'm already swapping with alshrive.

...Why a white monobrow?
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Because Lions always have monobrows, it's a gene-seed deficiancy.

Occuli Imperator

Because in the 41st millenium "Just for men: eyebrows" is no longer available
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Just slap a purity seal between their eyes, wait for the wax to dry, whip it off. That or tweezers.

Someone leak some decent pictures already.

Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast