BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Default Relic Knights: A Scifi Kickstarter

[URL="http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/relic-knights?ref=live"]Just for you, TDA[/URL]:

Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Dude! Is that a Liger?!

Very flash, and all for me! Excellent.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

I'm not big into the anime style myself, but I'm tempted to pledge just to get the horny daemon looking girl to use as a Keeper of Secrets.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Heh, "horny".

I must admit that I'm not massive into anime either, or anything weeaboo for that matter, but I'll have a look into it.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

First-Captain

I think I'm gonna jump on board. I bought the Black Diamond Relic Knight 'One Shot' a while ago. It wasn't in great shape when I opened the box and I haven't had a chance to sit down to repair it, build it, paint it. I think I shall wait to see what the unlockable factions are and what the stretch goals are gonna be before I commit.
    I just fancy painting the models as they are quite lovely and very different to what I am used to.

I know I shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but that cover just plain bugs me :P I know having the arse-shot is of utmost importance, but this pose is hiding all the interesting bits of the mechs.

They've some very talented sculptors behind this, although a bittt of the posing feels a little off.

Good amount of support they've got going, wonder if they'll hit the 100k "release everything!" goal.

Banned

Interesting to note that it's via Coolmini, rather than Soda Pop themselves after the Tentalce Bento 'incident'.

Hope the Cerci Speed faction gets unlocked personally.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    after the Tentalce Bento 'incident'.
    What happened?

I wondered about that, Tentacle Bento being cancelled was quite amusing (bit of an overreaction, but then it is based in America) and they got funding anyway. I assume it is happening through CMON because KS have banned SodaPop but that is just speculation.

Some of the concept art/models are growing on me I have to say, still not sure I'd pledge much more than the basic one team thing (if I pledge at all) simply because I'm not sure I'd ever play it.

Edit: Energongoodie, Kickstarter cancelled it because it was a card game about Japanese tentacle rape, basically. Well that's a bit harsh, it is a game about implied tentacle rape, you are an alien disguised as a cute Japanese school girls and you have to set up situations to kidnap other school girls to steal some of their essence. It was very innuendo heavy and a bit silly but not exactly harmful.
    Last edited by eldargal; 08-08-2012 at 10:44 AM.

Chapter-Master

They're going to hit the 100k in no problem. I'd say they'll be well over that by the end of the week.

As for the minis: I have a bunch of them and they really do look lovely. The game is also, really, really fun. It has more a resource management mechanic with the cards, which IMO allows for more planning than your standard dice roller.

I'll actually have a full write up of the game from GenCon, so there's that. I know a fair amount, so if ya'll have any questions, ask away.

www.queencityguard.com

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast